What Did I Do Wrong!!!

Decorating By phoufer Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 2:30am by phoufer

phoufer Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a wedding cake 6,9,12. WASC for 12" chocolate version of WASC for 9" and 6" Ok so I do the 12" first turns out beautiful. Then onto the 9" chocolate. I used a flower nail in pan it was rising nicely, then all of a sudden the center caved in. Scraped that one, then did the 6" same thing happened. What did I do wrong? same oven, flower nail etc. I have to remake these cakes now and I don't want to pitch 2 more in the garbage and I need to have them done tonight. Can anyone shed light on this one?

6 replies
cakeinthebox4U Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:09am
post #2 of 7

I have no idea but here is a 'bump' for ya. Hope someone who can help sees this!

blondeez Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:12am
post #3 of 7

Not sure either, but heres a bump

shelbur10 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:13am
post #4 of 7

Did you open the oven door while they were baking? Overmix the batter? Anything at all different from the first one?
I had the same thing happen recently with both a WASC and a chocolate WASC, both 9x13, so thanks for asking this. I never figured out what happened to mine.

tinygoose Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:19am
post #5 of 7

Are you using a flower nail for the 9" and 6"?? I only use them on 10"+. I never need them for smaller pans. I bake at 325 for everything. Maybe it's the recipe, have you used it before? Sorry, but curious to find out.

kcepenney Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:22am
post #6 of 7

Yeah, I use my flower nail for smaller cakes too. I would turn the temp down and cook it longer. HTH

phoufer Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:30am
post #7 of 7

I always bake at 325. I did use flower nail for the 9 x3 pan. I don't think I overmixed it. I have timer on my mixer that I set. I used cakepro's recipe . Can't figure it out. Maybe I will go with a chocolate with pudding added instead lol. Bride is a friend so she will be ok with it. Just wanted to give her what she wanted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%