Can Smbc Be Frozen?

Decorating By pamconn Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 1:44pm by pamconn

pamconn Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 5

I've tried searching for the answer, but no luck.

I have some smbc left over from today that I would like to use for filling in a cake next Wednesday. Can I freeze it unil then, or will it be good just refridgerated?

Thanks so much for your help.

4 replies
JodieF Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:29am
post #2 of 5

Sure it can! Just thaw it and bring it to room temperature then rewhip it! It'll be perfect!

drakegore Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:07am
post #3 of 5

yes, it can.
don't be worried if it goes thru a really (really, really) ugly stage when you rewhip it. that will pass and it will be smooth again.

__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:42am
post #4 of 5

Yep....I normally don't, I try my best to make everything exactly to the amount I need, but I have a couple of freezer bags full of it now for a cake for Friday night....and yes, it will go thru an ugly stage. I pack a couple of bags of frozen peas around the mixing bowl if it gets too soft while rewhipping, and will dunk it in a sink of warm water if I need it to warm up a bit as well. It comes right back to normal after a bit.

Remember to then put it on the lowest setting and let the paddle spin thru for a bit to get out any air bubbles.

pamconn Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much-I was afraid that I would have to eat it so it wouldn't go to waste...but then it would go to waiste!

Quote by @%username% on %date%