Confectioners Glaze

Decorating By Dinny2222 Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 7:43pm by Cake4ever

Dinny2222 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 5

I bought a bottle of confectioners glaze and well, I don't know what to do with it. I did make a candy shoe and would like it shiny. Can I use the glaze on that and will it still be edible? I know I bought it for something I saw on this forum but don't remember what! lol Please let me know if I use it on fondant or only gumpaste too. Thank you so much for your knowledge and sharing

4 replies
pattycakesnj Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 5

can't help but here is a bump

Texas_Rose Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 5

I just bought some a couple of weeks ago to try it out. I read that it was edible but someone said if you use a lot of it it will give the piece a bitter taste, so not to use it on something that would be eaten. I've been using it on my fondant-covered cakeboards to give them a hard glassy shine and to keep the color on the board from bleeding into the cake.

I hope you bought some thinner for it too...otherwise it doesn't come off of the paintbrush icon_biggrin.gif

Dinny2222 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 5

thanks Texas Rose. I did buy the thinner! Thanks for the idea. I am going to try that. I will skip putting in on my edible shoe.

Cake4ever Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 5

When I first started out, I used Wilton's clear vanilla, then I realized it left a shine and was a bit sticky until it dried. Experiment with that also and see how you like it. It can't hurt. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%