Fondant Crimpers

Decorating By patswifey Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 11:54pm by patswifey

patswifey Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 4

Hello Everyone,
I have been looking at cupcakes for ideas for my daughters birthday and have seen some that have fondant accents but are inscribed with 'happy birthday' or have their names on it....I was wondering if anyone knows if it is a crimper or a press that you can purchase? and if anyone knows where I could purchase one?
the cupcake I found and would like to do is on flickr
the cupcake I am looking at is:

thank you to everyone for their help!!

3 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 4

I looked at some other cupcakes done by the same person, and she said that she uses rubber stamps that have never been used with ink to make the lettering on the fondant.

You're right, that's a great idea! Hobby Lobby here I come icon_biggrin.gif

pattycakesnj Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 4

you could also just press a small letter cookie cutter into the banner spelling out the name or message

patswifey Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 4

Thank You :O)
I did not see that written anywhere....I'm off to Michael's to buy some rubber stamps!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%