Detailed Cake Contracts, What Should Be In It?????????

Business By majormichel Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 8:20pm by snowlover

majormichel Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 5

After reading stories how customers tries to take advantage of us bakers, I decided to create this thread. What should we include in our contracts to ensure that bridezillas and the likes don't pull a wool over our eyes?

Now aday we have to become like lawyers, by including 3 pages contracts to cover returning the cake supplies to why we use dowels in the cake, lol. icon_razz.gif

My 2 cents,
Require a down payment to book the wedding date.

4 replies
indydebi Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 5

can't get much more detailed than the one Doug made:

brincess_b Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 5

theres been some good ones created by doug i think, they are in here somewhere, called boilerplate contract maybe? sorry i dont have time to find the link, but it looks like all the things that get brought up as 'whod have thought you needed *that* in a contract are in there.

majormichel Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 5
Originally Posted by indydebi

can't get much more detailed than the one Doug made:

thanks I will check it out

snowlover Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 5

I would imagine that contracts should cover everything from the non-edible portions of the cake to what colors and flavors, how many teirs, serving sizes, all the way to the delivery or pick up, where, when and how far. If you deliver then it should be specified when, and exact location in the room.

I agree with down payments, or atleast half the cost when booking and the other half the week before delivery date. Or all up front on rush orders.

All of this documentation stinks but it covers in the end. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%