Ever Use Dicidio For Leads?

Business By cupcakemkr Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 5:37pm by cupcakemkr

cupcakemkr Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 9

Just wondering if anyone has purchased leads from them and if they were the real deal or what?

Thanks!

8 replies
indydebi Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 9

Yes, I do. What do you mean by "real deal"? icon_confused.gif

emlashlee Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 9

What is dicidio? I tried to do a google search and came up with nada.

indydebi Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 9

It's decidio. I signed up to be a listed vendor. A bride goes there to find a vendor. She fills out a form that says "Send me info on caterers" (or cakes or DJ's) and an email shoots out to all caterers in her area. I get the email with some basic info that allows me to make the decision if I want to pay the $1 or $2 for the contact info on this lead. So you only pay for the ones you WANT to follow up on.

sari66 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:40am
post #5 of 9

Yup, it's like indy said and I've purchased several leads from them.

indydebi Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:53am
post #6 of 9

A tip for those who use these types of sites to buy leads: When you respond to the inquiry, ALWAYS invite them to visit your website. Don't assume they've been there or that they know you have one. I've seen some of these forms and with most of them, the person making the inquiry has no idea who the form is going to or some don't even let her know what caterers/bakeries are listed on the site.

Dont' assume ... invite them to your website. Give them the web address.

emlashlee Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

It's decidio. I signed up to be a listed vendor. A bride goes there to find a vendor. She fills out a form that says "Send me info on caterers" (or cakes or DJ's) and an email shoots out to all caterers in her area. I get the email with some basic info that allows me to make the decision if I want to pay the $1 or $2 for the contact info on this lead. So you only pay for the ones you WANT to follow up on.

Thanks for the info!

ShopGrl1128 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 9

I use Decidio, but since I filtered my options to receive leads of people willing to pay $3.00 or more per serving I get only one or two leads once in a blue moon.
I really dont want to receive leads of people wanting to pay $1/serving for a wedding cake with monkeys hanging from the side (hello IndyDebi icon_lol.gif )and believe me, there are plenty of those.

cupcakemkr Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:37pm
post #9 of 9

I was just wondering if the leads actually pan out for the most part. That is great advice indydebi - Thanks!

that's what i've been seeing cakegirl - I get about 3 leads a day for $1.50-$2.50 per serving for a wedding cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%