Royal Icing Dumdum Needs Help Making A Color Flow Decoration

Decorating By drakegore Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 3:24am by alene

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 3

dumdum, might be putting it too nicely...i am a walking disaster area each time i try to use royal icing. i do all my cookies in glace which i love, but every now and then i just have to use the RI...and each time, i find a new way to screw it up. the icing is too dry and flakes off the cookie. the icing won't dry. the icing turns into foam. and the worst, when i try and pipe letters or lines using a no. 1 tip, the icing curls back up on itself like its trying to climb back in the bag (i am so bad a i scare icing...).

and now, horror upon horrors, i have to make a complicated "bakugan" asian symbol logo decoration with royal icing for the top of a cake (is that called colorflow?)

can anyone help me on how to get the icing to flow smoothly, dry nicely, and and any tips on how to make this damn thing? icon_smile.gif

2 replies
drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 3

...here is the logo. it is just the red circle w/symbol in the center with BAKUGAN in the middle.
LL

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:24am
post #3 of 3

I have done a few things in color flow but don't know that I would try this one. I would probably try a frozen bc transfer. Seems to me that would be a lot easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%