Image Transfer Help, Please!

Decorating By finnsimm Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 1:26am by blondeez

finnsimm Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 8

How would you suggest I get this image on the top of a 10" round cake? I'm only charging $45 for the cake, so I don't want to get into too much fondant or finiky time (you know what I mean!).

What do you think?

And yes, the customer wants the stripes included in the image.

Grrrr..
LL

7 replies
bashini Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 8

Hi, you can do a buttercream transfer. The tutorial is in the Artical section here. icon_smile.gif

becklynn Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashini

Hi, you can do a buttercream transfer. The tutorial is in the Artical section here. icon_smile.gif

Yes, I agree. If I had to do this cake I would do a frozen buttercream transfer.

Good luck!

finnsimm Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 8

Two questions, as I attempted a FBCT last time...and it was BAAAAADDDD.

1. How long do I leave the transfer in the freezer?
2. Do I outline the cat head first, and then pipe in the stripes at the end?

Thanks!

becklynn Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 8

I usually leave it in the freezer overnight - even a couple of days. I did one yesterday that I will put on a cake this Friday.

I would outline the head (and around the bow) first. Then fill the eyes and nose, then the bow. Then the stripes. I would pipe the whiskers on after it is on the cake and has been smoothed.

Are you doing the entire top on the cake like this, or just a smaller image?

DianeLM Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 8

Why not ice the cake in striped colors and just do the head as a buttercream transfer?

becklynn Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:18am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

Why not ice the cake in striped colors and just do the head as a buttercream transfer?

Yes! I agree. If you're going to do the whole top of the cake in stripes this would be easier!

Also don't forget to print out your image in reverse.

blondeez Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:26am
post #8 of 8

Pipe the striped colors on the cake or airbrush them on and then do Hello Kitty in fondant. Or at least this is what I would do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%