Martha Stewarts Cupcake Book....

Baking By JenLen Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 5:45pm by LittleBitsCupcakes

JenLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenLen Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 46

I know it just came out, but does anyone have it? Do you like it? I am on the waiting list at our library, but I wanted your opinions on it, I might just have to go buy it. I hate waiting for things. icon_smile.gif

Thanks!!!!
Jen

45 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 46

I think it hits the store today. I have been getting cupcake recipes and pictures from Martha for about 2 weeks now. They were doing it to kick off the book. Most of them looked and sounded pretty good!

poochynooch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poochynooch Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 46

Ive been following the website as well and tried the Tiramisu Cupcakes -- OMG!!!! Absolutely fantastic -- definately thinking of buying the book!

JenLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenLen Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 46

Tiramisu.....really??? YUM! I'll have to check out her website. I think I might just go buy it! Thanks for your responses!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 46

it came out today! It looks good!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 46

has anyone else experienced not getting her recipes from her website to bake just right? for example, a peanut butter cookie recipe that called for them to bake 18 minutes??? they were completely burned up. if i'd been thinking, i would have known better than to bake them for 18 minutes, as the directions stated. Also, a chocolate cake that came out really dry???

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDelightful

has anyone else experienced not getting her recipes from her website to bake just right? for example, a peanut butter cookie recipe that called for them to bake 18 minutes??? they were completely burned up. if i'd been thinking, i would have known better than to bake them for 18 minutes, as the directions stated. Also, a chocolate cake that came out really dry???

I made her white cake and it was terrible!!

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:39pm
post #8 of 46

I just noticed that Costco is carrying it....I may have to pick one up tomorrow to add to my never-ending book collection!!!!

DeeDelightful Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:52pm
post #9 of 46

Hmmmm...I am skeptical of the recipes now.

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:06pm
post #10 of 46

I have made one of her chocolate cake recipes and it comes out absolutely full of flavor. It's moist and light. However, I always sub out Cake Flour for AP and I only use the best vanilla - Nielson-Massey and only Ghirardelli Cocoa.

This Chocolate Cake that I am referring to is from the "Martha Stewart Kids | 2005"

People that don't like Chocolate Cake will eat this one, trust me!!!

Warning this cake recipe will make a full three 9" layer cake.

cakeymom

DeeDelightful Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:11pm
post #11 of 46

I will keep trying the recipes. I want to like them, really i do and i want the cupcake cookbook, too.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 5:32pm
post #12 of 46

I have had mixed results with her cookie book.

Just got this one from the library. at least 1/2 of it is decorating ideas and they are wonderful.

you might see if you library has it before buying.

You can always just scan the pages you like if you have a scanner.

I save lots of money that way icon_lol.gif

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 6:32pm
post #13 of 46

Heads up.....at Costco the book is $14.99 instead of the regular retail of $24.99.

I got mine yesterday, I picked it up and looked at it, put it down telling myself "I don't need another cookbook", and then picked it back up again and threw it in the cart.....I'm pretty sure it's a sickness that forces me to do this!!!

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 6:45pm
post #14 of 46

I wish they there was a "The Best Of" all recipe books. I too have so many books that it would be great if there was just one!!! icon_biggrin.gif

PS. I did see the Martha's cupcake book yesterday and it looked great. I did not buy it though. I don't know what I was thinking?

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:26pm
post #15 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyTW

Heads up.....at Costco the book is $14.99 instead of the regular retail of $24.99

I wasn't going go get it but who can let this prices pass by......... On my way to Costco!

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:38pm
post #16 of 46

"You can always just scan the pages you like if you have a scanner.

I save lots of money that way"

Ummm....HELLO? Not legal!

chassidyg Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm
post #17 of 46

darn it, darn it. I went to costco day before it came out!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:20pm
post #18 of 46

I have it written down on my shopping list. icon_smile.gif The recipes sound delicious! icon_smile.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:27pm
post #19 of 46

Under the copyright law of the US (Title 17, US Code), you are allowed to copy a chapter from a library book,

provided the copy is used only for private study, scholarship, or research

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:59am
post #20 of 46

Just picked up a copy today at Costco (thanks for the tip!) I have not had a chance to try any of the recipes yet, but after just flipping through, there were so many great decorating ideas, I'm thrilled with it just for that! So I will be wrapping up my Sunday evening in the recliner with a cup of chai and my new treasure. The one on the cover alone flips the switch on my cupcake obsession, it looks soooo yummy icon_smile.gif
LL

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:09am
post #21 of 46

its also at kmart....saw it there the other day.....i think it was 20.00 but its another place to look if you are having to look for it. her cookie book was there too. Ps they were soft cover. Also for those of you who look through it at the store, if you see one or two recipes that you like and can go with out the book either all together or for a couple of days. Go check out her web pages she has featured a lot of her cupcakes on her show.....
chances are you might find the one you are looking for there for free.

loves2bake4six Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake4six Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:46pm
post #22 of 46

Amazon also has it at $14.99 with no tax and no shipping if you're a prime member

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 9:02pm
post #23 of 46

I got mine yesterday at Sam's Club for $13.72. The recipes and pictures look wonderful. Darn diet!

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:09pm
post #24 of 46

It's $14.99 at Amazon.com too! I just ordered mine!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:13pm
post #25 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyTW

I got mine yesterday, I picked it up and looked at it, put it down telling myself "I don't need another cookbook", and then picked it back up again and threw it in the cart.....I'm pretty sure it's a sickness that forces me to do this!!!

You too?? Gee and here I thought I was the only one! icon_lol.gif

micaelasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micaelasmami Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:17pm
post #26 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

Under the copyright law of the US (Title 17, US Code), you are allowed to copy a chapter from a library book,

provided the copy is used only for private study, scholarship, or research

you Go, girl!

Mylittleflutterby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylittleflutterby Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:14am
post #27 of 46

For any Canadians out there the Costco near my house has the book for $17.99.. Just saw it there tonight and was soooo tempted, but I am going to do a litle price shopping and may make a trip to the US soon too

scoobydid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobydid Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:23am
post #28 of 46

I had this book in my hand at Home Goods earlier today. It was $ 25. I put it down, hoping someone would have it cheaper. Now I know. Thanks CC members!!

chassidyg Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:53am
post #29 of 46

I got mine on Monday! I cant wait to try some of them!!!

luv2c_cultures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2c_cultures Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:13am
post #30 of 46

Just bought mine today at Costco. It just looked so pretty and had great decorating ideas. The only think I know I am not going to like about it is that it doesn't stay open...grrrr.

Has anyone else tried any of the recipes?

I'm actually off to try the Chai Cupcake recipe...wish me luck! I'll let you know how it turned out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%