Lets See Those Graduation Cakes...

Decorating By shelly-101 Updated 17 May 2016 , 8:38pm by kaylouann

STRAWBERRY1390 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:22pm
post #91 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

i won't have mine until friday...that's when i'll be finished with it! i'll post a picture then! here i what it's suppose to look like when i'm done.

OMG....that is so close to mine...lmao I will post as well, I hope it goes well for you,

All of these cakes and cupcakes are awesome you all rock.

Good luck Diane and happy caking,

Stacy icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

EDITED TO ADD: I saw your final production Diane, Very Beautiful, Congratulations

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:25pm
post #92 of 123

wow! all of these cakes are so amazing thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

marag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marag Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:00pm
post #93 of 123

I love seeing all of these cakes and cupcakes too! I had trouble coming up with an idea for my son's pre-k graduation, but I found this idea at wilton.com. My son loved it!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1381617

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:12pm
post #94 of 123

Oh I didnt put the pic in here, but the link to the pic.......oopsies...I didnt think that cc liked us to put pics in a bunch of different places....isn't that right? I am still new I guess

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:22pm
post #95 of 123

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1388653

I just finished this one. I actually love the way it turned out although I was skeptial when I was making it!!! my customer was really specific about the hat cap having a point as some of them do. So this is what I came up with. I would love to get anyones thoughts or comments or critiques.....really! TFL

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:42pm
post #96 of 123

Wow, these are all so fantastic. I'm hesitant to post mine now. I had some issues with it - the cake was a lot of first for me. First 3 tier stacking, first edible images, etc. I wasn't 100% satisifed, but overall was still pleased.

I apologize for the pic because my digital camera is one of the oldest on the face of the planet and is getting ready to die. My son's graduation cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1382035

He was less than thrilled that i used one of his bald-headed baby pics for the edible image. icon_twisted.gif

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:45pm
post #97 of 123

These two cakes were made at the last minute, so they are very simple in the colors of the grads but very neatly executed.

cakeymom

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1374595

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:38pm
post #98 of 123

I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread! I stay pretty much in the cookie forum, so I miss a lot of really great cakes. What a joy to see all the creative efforts of so many of you. This is the cake I did for my niece, who was graduating from college and wanted a PARTY cake. It's the most fun I've had doing a graduation cake in a long time! (You'll notice I HAD to decorate it with cookies!) Hope you like it.
LL

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 7:14pm
post #99 of 123

Gemini, that is so cool! Love it!

saycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saycheese Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:04pm
post #100 of 123

Okay...seeing all these great and sometimes very original cakes, mine is not very exciting...many versions here...but it was my first and for someone I hardly know! (and I learned that gumpaste is kinda heavy and can slide down the bc! icon_rolleyes.gif
TFL!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1385517

psychmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psychmom Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:31pm
post #101 of 123

I've enjoyed looking at all the cakes in this thread icon_smile.gif
Thanks for posting them!!
~Raquel

soobsessedwithcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soobsessedwithcake Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:18pm
post #102 of 123

My nephews high school graduation cake. It was a problem from the start. I couldn't get the texture of the fondant right, then I had to make the top layer 3 times because I forgot to add oil the first time and the second I fell asleep and left it in the oven too long. Then when I covered the top tier the fondant tore almost on every side. After everything was said and done, I do like the finished product...from the front that is, so you can't see the mistakes on the sides, haha.
LL

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:21pm
post #103 of 123

All of your cakes are really really Great

oneyracing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneyracing Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:34pm
post #104 of 123

mine dont really look like grad cakes...but that was what they was for..mom didnt want a typical grad cake as she put it...lol..her son took electronics

oneyracing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:53am
post #106 of 123

Well I only did one this year but it was a big one! French Vanilla Cake with vanilla butter cream filling, his body and legs are all cake, the head , foot ball and arm are rkt. I don't think I've ever worked with so much black fondant before, my hands are still stained! He is the school mascot wearing the grads letter jacket. He was 20" tall,so about the size of a 5 tier cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1389413.html

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:40am
post #107 of 123

yourstrulytx, AWESOME cake! How long did it take someone to be brave enough to cut into it? Seriously, I couldn't have done it!

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm
post #108 of 123

I made this cake in the school colors. I love the way it turned out! TFL

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1389368

DoubleA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleA Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 7:57pm
post #109 of 123

Everyone's cakes are way over my head! Here is one that I did last week for one of my best friends' daughter...WASC with pink lemonade filling, buttercream, and almond fondant. It was very good and the daughter loved it!
LL

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:14am
post #110 of 123

GeminiRJ- I would even be afraid to cut it, I would feel like an illegal poacher..lol, but I do hope they ate it!

DoubleA- oooh pink lemonade filling please share how you made that, I love pink lemonade!

DoubleA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleA Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm
post #111 of 123

Pink Lemonade filling

Take normal recipe for Lemon curd (or you can buy a jar of it) and add enough additional powdered sugar to sweeten it and beat together with a little cream until it tastes like lemonade (sweet but still a little tart) and then add your pink gel color (only 1 or 2 drops) and stir! No biggie...really easy. It is very popular with the girls and also summer type cakes.

STRAWBERRY1390 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:39pm
post #112 of 123

All of the graduation cakes here are very beautiful and god bless all of you who did one. Mine was a complete disaster and that is where it is stored on CC. Horrible story to go with it but I wont digress since I already complained about it on "6/12/09 Friday Night Cake Club".

I hope all the subsequent posters did not have the problems I did.
LL
LL

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:52pm
post #113 of 123

Strawberry1390 -

The design on that cake is lovely.

For me, I'm really not into the grad-kitsch, caps, diplomas, etc. The only grad cake I've done so far is the tribute cake in my gallery. If you look, the pics are his life pics, from young to grad.

The two I have to do are temporarily on hold. One is held up by having to postpone the family dinner (he didn't want a party, he wanted cash, but ya gotta do something for them, right?), and the other one is delayed due to the mother's illness.

I'm having trouble designing hers. She wants pink, purple, and red (school colors - blue and gray - not gonna happen). I was thinking of dots, stripes and balls/stars on wires, and those cakes are cool, but sooo done already. I'm going to have to look further and see what I can come up with. It will be too hot for gumpaste flowers outdoors, so they're out, too.

Suggestions welcome.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 6:55am
post #114 of 123

My very 1st topsy turvy cake, think if I do it again I will add an extra layer to each tier to make it a bigger, had a few problems with the filling on the top tier.

This was my nieces combined 18th b-day and High School graduation.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1392565

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 12:21am
post #115 of 123

The school colors are Red, White, and Black, so we stuck with the same color theme including the inside of the cake! The graduate girl sang "Letting Go" with her choir class during the ceremony, so it was her idea to incorporate the sheet music into the cake design.

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 12:58am
post #116 of 123

Ops! had an error message, and fixed the upload... here's the link!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1393220.html

Rikki0422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikki0422 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:19am
post #117 of 123

Wow, awesome cakes guys......... Here's mine! Rats, everybody ordered books icon_lol.gif
LL
LL
LL

charliecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charliecakes Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:15am
post #118 of 123

simple graduation cake made for a friends daughter. Buttercream iced with fondant and candy clay accents. I used her school colors icon_smile.gif
LL

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:47am
post #119 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRAWBERRY1390

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

i won't have mine until friday...that's when i'll be finished with it! i'll post a picture then! here i what it's suppose to look like when i'm done.

OMG....that is so close to mine...lmao I will post as well, I hope it goes well for you,

All of these cakes and cupcakes are awesome you all rock.

Good luck Diane and happy caking,

Stacy icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

EDITED TO ADD: I saw your final production Diane, Very Beautiful, Congratulations

wow...i just looked at your cake...and we sure did have the same design in
mind...go figure!

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 5:21am
post #120 of 123

Heres mine, it was for a group of seniors at one party, they all were involved in music or theatre somehow, my first grad cake, and it was a really tall cake. They wanted chocolate and vanilla, so it was like one choc, one van, and so on, but im still a newbie and still learning. All of everyones cakes are so well done, just keep saying to myself, Ill get there someday.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1387123.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%