2 Birthdays, 2 Sisters, 10 Years Difference!

Decorating By firewifer Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 8:56pm by kilikina_24

firewifer Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 3

So I come from 7 girls... crazy i know..and somehow I got the cake kraft out of the crew, well at least expected of me.icon_smile.gif So i have no idea what i'm going to do. I always procrastinate. The party is Saturday. They are doing a 60/70s theme. Kassie is 30 and Kelli is 40. I was thinking of doing a tyedie cake..perhaps out of fondant? w/ something on top. I have no idea..and I'm going to be baking the cakes tomorrow. It is only to serve 50 ppl. Also..our Dad passed away. He was a huge Ziggy fan. I dont know if I should do Ziggy at all, but he used to sign everything with Ziggy. I dont know if I'll even use it..but I was thinking rolled fondant tye die? anyone have any ideas? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!! I'm almost ready to just buy a cake. email me: [email protected] if you have pictures only.

2 replies
Rylan Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 3

WELCOME to CC.

Sorry about your dad. If you need to talk to someone, I'd be here to listen.

As for your cake, I would suggest you put the things that they like or the thing they find interesting. You can even use the tie die as the background if you really want it that bad.

You can also check the gallery for different ideas.

Good luck.

kilikina_24 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 3

I'm sorry about your dad! Putting Ziggy on the cake might be a neat way to remember him at the party but I guess you're the only one who would know how that would effect everyone.

As far as ideas for a 60s themed cake I have one in my photos. Just click on the "photos" icon at the bottom of my post. My sister and I made a tie died cake with buttercream for a relative's 60th birthday. With help and tips from other CCers we used a star tip and just made circils with different colors or buttercream and then used a toothpick and the spatula to kind of smear the colors together. It was really pretty easy! My sister also used some fondant to make little peace signs, smiley faces, flowers, and such to place around the cake.

I hope that helps some and have a great party!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%