I'm Gonna Try Again

Decorating By sweetsbycheryl Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 4:35pm by mombabytiger

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 3

OK, please wish me luck. I am going to try another wedding cake. I had issues with my first one, due to being ill from a medical condition while I was doing the cake, and it left my confidence badly shaken. Sorry I don't have the picture, but trust me when I say it was not my best work. I haven't been able to figure out how to post pics of my work, the two I have are pictures friends e-mailed to my computer. Thankfully the bride was a doll and really very understanding. The cake I am doing this weekend is the biggest one for me yet, a five tier- basketweaved with flowers on top and trailing down the sides. I spent all last weekend making over 200 fondant flowers for this cake. It is for my cousin and his bride to be, as my gift to them, so the pressure is off slightly, since this is not a paying job for a stranger. but I am still determined to have a beautiful cake for them- I have a friend who knows how to e-mail pictures who will be at this wedding, so I will try hard to get the picture up next week- please keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

2 replies
klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 3

Good Luck to you!! Knowing that you are doing it as a gift will sometimes take the pressure off!! Have fun and NEVER GIVE UP!! It's only through our testing and trials that we learn to grow and determine to overcome our obstacles!! icon_biggrin.gif

thumbs_up.gif

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 3

It sounds absolutely gorgeous! Wow! 200 flowers! That's an accomplishment right there!

You'll be fine and your cake will be wonderful. I doubt there's anyone on here who hasn't screwed up something somewhere. It's a cliche, but we DO learn from our boo-boos!

((hugs))

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%