Question For Anyone Who Has Taken

Decorating By SJ169 Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 4:42pm by SJ169

SJ169 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 4

Willton Classes. I am taking the class three, i am starting tommorow. I havent taken any of their classes yet but the teacher told me to take the class three. On the class supply list it has a recipe for buttercream, they want us to bring thin consistency icing, medium and stiff consistency icing. How to I change the consistency of this icing?
RECIPE"
1 lb sifted confectioners sugar
1tbls wilton meringue powder
1 cup sold vegetable shortening
2tbls water
1tsp wilton clear vanilla

TIA! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
jer702 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 4

That recipe will make stiff icing. You add water or milk to thin it down to what you need. I don't have the exact measurments in front of me, but if you have your course 3 book, it will also have that recipe along with how many teaspons of water/milk to add in order to make it medium and then down to thin. I'm sure someone else will have those numbers for you. Good luck and enjoy.

G_Cakes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 4

I just finished course 1 and the recipe in the book will make the stiff consistency BC icing.

So when you make up your batch of stiff BC icing, separate 1 cup each for the thin and medium consistency.

For medium add 1 tablespoon of milk or water, for thin add 2 tablespoons milk or water. mix well.

Thats it icon_smile.gif

SJ169 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much! I didnt get a book yet for the course, i only have the kit so I was starting to panic! icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%