Cricut Question

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 5 Jul 2009 , 2:39am by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone. I finally got my cricut personal express and tried it out last night. My problem is that i set the letter size to be the smallest setting (which is 1-inch) but the letters are too big to stencil on a 3-4 inch cookie. Does anyone know how to get them smaller?

5 replies
Amifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:24am
post #2 of 6

luvs2bake,
Someone pm'd me with that question yesterday. What i can figure out is that either the cartridge (font) you are using doesn't go that small or it is the express machine, i have the cricut expression and mine goes all the way down to .25 of an inch on both of the font cartridges I have. i used the plantin schoolbook cartridge and the opposites attrack cartridge. so if you can borrow one of those cartridges and try it on your machine if it does not go smaller than 1 inch it is the machine. i am not familiar with that one are your adjustments digital?
Good luck
Annette

luv2bake6 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 6

Hi Annette!! That was me. I sent you an email and then posted the question here too to see if anyone else had any advice.

I was told that the design studio will take care of this problem. Evidently, it overrides the size setting the machine has cuz you can design the size on the computer and then send it to the machine to cut the way you want. I just can't believe that this machine's smallest size setting is 1-inch!! It's very upsetting.
I did order the design studio and hope it works out. It will have all of the cartridges uploaded on the program so that 's good too. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks so much for your advice and help.

grandmacupcake09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmacupcake09 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:02am
post #4 of 6

I used to do the stencil thing as well, but then i went to www.deseretdesigns.com and found a better way to do letters and stuff with the cricut. They sell a dvd that shows you what you need to do to make your cricut able to cut gum paste. That means NO MORE stencils! I love the cricut and now my decorating is just amazing!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:08am
post #5 of 6

Is this the DVD you were talking about? http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=16803

luv2bake6 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 2:39am
post #6 of 6

WOW!! Who would've thunk? This is amazing. Thanks grandmacupcake.

bobwonderbuns, yes, i just checked and it is the same dvd. Only problem is that global is out of stock. The site grandma gave above had it for the same price. I'm going to order it now. Cannot wait to try it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%