Instructional Dvd's

Decorating By mombabytiger Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 10:26pm by conchita

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 8

If you could only buy one set of instructional dvd's, which one would you buy?

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 8

I really like Sugarshack's video's. www.sugaredproductions.com

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 8

You didn't specify what techniques you are interested in or what your current level is, but for basic decorating techniques (they go beyond basic, but they do teach great basics in buttercream and fondant), I like the Sugar Ed Productions series by Sharon Zambito, too. For gumpaste flowers, I like Nicholas Lodge. Both companies are well-done and very reasonably priced. Nicholas Lodge also has a DVD called ISAC DVD Catalog that offers wonderful information on tools and basics of fondant and gumpaste - shows what the tools look like and how they are used - very helpful to a beginner or even intermediate level.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:09pm
post #4 of 8

I have heard that Jennifer Dontz's video's are very good as well. They are next on my list to purchase!

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 8

I don't know what techniques you'd like to learn... Sugarflowers (Michele Foster here on CC) has a video out on how she made her signature heart-shaped gumpaste flower arrangement. Mine is available at the same place, on cake sculpture in buttercream.

www.lickthespoonproductions.com Her video is called Bloomin' Garden.

Deanna

bakedbycody Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedbycody Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 8

I love my sugar shack dvd's. They are great!

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:50am
post #7 of 8

My favorite is "Precious Pets" by Deanna O'Connor. She does a great job on sculpting small animal cakes.

I like my gumpaste DVD too. icon_smile.gif. Both can be found at www.lickthespoonproductions.com .

Michele

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:26pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mombabytiger

If you could only buy one set of instructional dvd's, which one would you buy?

Hello, well I have to say Jennifer Dontz and Sugar Shack DVD's they are the best of the best. I own all the DVD's from sugar Shack and Jennifer Dontz have 2 and now she has a 3rd DVD. I am ready to order it too.
they are so good and if you have a question you can send them an e-mail for help. believe me they are good! I can't wait to see Sharon's new ideas.
and if you are thinking about flowers Edna de la Cruz is soooo good too she has tutorials if you want to see them visit youtube
she is also making DVD's to teach how to make flowers
good luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%