Bridal Shower Cookies

Baking By tnval Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 12:45am by Joanne914

tnval Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 9

What's the best way to add glittery sparkle to a decorated sugar cookie? One of the cutters I'll be using is the diamond ring. Thanks for all your help. I'll be using the NFSC with, almond extract, recipe with Antonia74's royal icing. That combination is awesome!

8 replies
verono Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 9

Luster dust with a drop of clear vanilla extract and you use a paint brush to put on the icing when it is completely dry ! icon_smile.gif

tnval Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 9

Is it possible to use edible glitter or sugar crystals at all for the diamond part? Thanks for your help...........I've got some luster dust but just not sure how to use it...thanks for the help. I'm a learn as you go kind of baker. This website has been a God send!

pouchet82 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 9

I am thinking of making the same cookies for my own bridal shower. I bought sugar crystals to cover the royal icing on the diamond

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 9

I use sanding sugar all the time to add sparkle to a cookie. I simply cover a plate with a layer of the sugar. Ice the cookie, then while the icing is still set, dip it into the sugar. It's pretty, and it's easy!

luv2bake6 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 9

The diamond part of the ring will really sparkle with sugar crystals. I'd use sanding sugar for the rest of the ring like gemini recommended.

verono Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 9

Or you could pu some luster dust without adding the vanilla extract... I just saw that on this site :

http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-decorate-cookies-with-rolled-fondant

cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:28pm
post #8 of 9

Vanilla flavoring also makes it smell good. I also use Everclear when I paint with luster dust.

Joanne914 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:45am
post #9 of 9

I've made that cookie before. I flood the diamond only, then sprinkle the sanding sugar right onto the flood. I let et it dry then just shake off the excess. Then I outline and flood the ring. Very easy. Best of luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%