Need Help Adapting A Design To Be For A Boy.

Decorating By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 1:36pm by SecretAgentCakeBaker

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:57am
post #1 of 4

I saw a beautiful cake in the gallery by Soniris and would like some ideas on how to adapt something like it for a teenaged boy.

Here it is:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1172966

What I'm wondering is, what woud you put in place of the bows/flowers on the corners and the flowers on the cross?

Also, do you think it might look ok with red dots instead of the gold dragees?

Thank you so much for your help! I am terrible at visualizing things. I have a picture in my head one way, but then I make it and it looks terrible.

3 replies
christybuc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christybuc Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:08am
post #2 of 4

I think I would do the cake in blue. I wouldn't use anything in place of the bows and flowers though, I would just leave them off. I think for a boy, simple is better. I would use silver for the dots. I have no clue what I would do on the cross though. I'm drawing a blank on that one.

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:08am
post #3 of 4

Well what is he "into"? I think red dots would be fine,maybe put a red "ribbon" of icing across the cross, like a flowing banner or sash, that would still be masculine.maybe just leave the corners without anything? the red would be enough to tie everything together. HTH

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! Sorry, I should have given more info in my original post. I'm still not sure if I am even going to be making this cake, I'm waiting for the mom to let me know if she wants me to make the cakes, I just like to plan in advance. Anyway, it is for a confirmation. The party is also for the baby brother's baptism and that cake will have blue, so I wanted this one to look different.

I'm still new at cakes and I have a terrible time coming up with designs, so I find something I can copy. Unfortunately, I never can find one that I can copy exactly, there's always something that has to be changed. I then worry and worry for weeks before trying to figure out what to do and if those changes will look ok.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%