Who Made This Cake?

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 6:47pm by chanielisalevy

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:28am
post #1 of 16

i have had this pic in a file for a while now. i think the customer emailed it to me. she doesnt remember where she got it from and i am trying to figure out who made it and if it's on here somewhere. i would looove to ask the maker a few questions.

for ex. are those lego toys or fondant and if fondant, were they hard to make? customer is worried i won't be able to make them look good and i told her i don't put toys on my cakes. she can buy one from heb if that's what she wants. no offense, i just don't see the point in doing a lot of work if it's something she can buy at the store cheaper.

i also wanted some close ups of the figures. when i try to zoom in it just gets blurry.

15 replies
yamber82 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:30am
post #2 of 16

sorry here's the pic
LL

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:35am
post #3 of 16

I have no idea but its so adorable.

yamber82 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:39am
post #4 of 16

oh yea, and how would you go about serving something like that?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:40am
post #5 of 16

http://www.flickr.com/photos/courtneyscakes/3094967991/

Found it about 5 or 6 pages into Google images by typing in "batman cake"

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:44am
post #6 of 16

At first I thought they were real and then I thought well a lot of what I see on CC looks real to! I think you could do them. Go to the toy store and get some for a pattern. You can do this!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:54am
post #7 of 16

I think I saw this in a forum a couple weeks ago. I will look.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:02am
post #8 of 16

You can do the legos easy using a round tip to cut the fondant circles

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:25am
post #9 of 16

I just made a lego cake and what I did was made a mold with gumpaste of a real lego top, then used that to imprint my fondant. Be sure to make more than 1, goes quicker and they will crack if you did make them thick enough.

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:06am
post #10 of 16

The figures are toys, I believe. I know they sell them.

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:08am
post #11 of 16

ok...nevermind...I looked @ the link that was posted and the creator said she made them. But, you can buy the lego figures!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:10am
post #12 of 16

The lady who made the cake is a member here. Her user name is mamacc

It says in her comments on flickr that she made the lego figures for the cake icon_biggrin.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:24am
post #13 of 16

I just saw Lego plastic molds at the Lego store, they look like ice trays but rubbery, not sure if they'll work, you'll have to try them but I thought I had to share. icon_smile.gif

yamber82 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:24pm
post #14 of 16

wow thanks guys!!! i have searched lego batman but couldn't find it. maybe i typed the words in the wrong order or something. i have looked for the toys to go by but can't find them in the store and the customer said she found them online but they are expensive. and as for the other forum that was probably me again, lol. i'm still new and have tons of questions still haha. you guys are awesome btw. thsi site has helped me so much!

i have made a mold last week for a spiderman. that worked pretty well except it took a whole bag of gp so it was essentially an $8 mold and it tool foreeeever to get hard all the way. my husband was suggesting making a mold out of silicone like you buy at the ahrdware store but i'm not sure that would be food safe and i'm sure the kids will be trying to eat the legos, lol

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:29pm
post #15 of 16

i have to admit that i always click into these types of thread, hoping beyond hope that one day, it might actually be one of MY cakes... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif (my sad confession of the week!)

that is some cake though...really cool!!!!

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:47pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamber82

i have made a mold last week for a spiderman. that worked pretty well except it took a whole bag of gp so it was essentially an $8 mold and it tool foreeeever to get hard all the way. my husband was suggesting making a mold out of silicone like you buy at the ahrdware store but i'm not sure that would be food safe and i'm sure the kids will be trying to eat the legos, lol

right, it wouldn't be food safe but you can use a silicone compound like at make your own molds .com - great stuff, easy to work with and you can make a mold ofr ANYTHING fast, easy and it really works!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%