Is Anyone A "dove Chocolate Discoveries" Chocolati

Sugar Work By Redlotusninjagrl Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 9:25pm by Redlotusninjagrl

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:41am
post #1 of 4

I am just curious. I saw a blurb about this on this website so I had to take a peek. It looks very intriguing, but I just didn't think there would be a market for that. I mean, I can buy Dove chocolate at most stores. They would have to offer something pretty special to carve out a niche. I mean, who wouldn't LOVE to have a chocolate party to sample treats (like chocolate martinis). Sounds like a bridal shower or bachelorette party waiting to happen. But then, you have to actually sell stuff and collect orders on which you make a commission. I am curious about it, but don't really want to talk to someone there as I don't want that added pressure to sign up. I was just curious about how it worked so if someone is a Dove chocolatier, please speak up and tell me about it. Thanks!

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 4

The problem I have with this program is that the company has their representatives call themselves chocolatiers. That title belongs to people who have mastered chocolate, from it's history to it's making, to molding and creating candies. it takes years, not a contract and 6 bookings, to make a chocolatier, not signing a contract to throw chocolate parties for fun and profit.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Sweetmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetmaker Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 4

I am with playingwithsugar on this one too. I took a class in chocolate, learned a whole lot about it but in nooo way would I classify myself as a chocolatier. One passed class and certificate is only enough to get your feet wet. It takes a long time to "master" chocolate. I would rephrase that as chocolate enthusiasts or chocolate Party sales like princess house or tupperware. huge difference!

take a class and have some fun you learn a lot but as a chocolatier you would have to have lots of work and experience under your belt.

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 4

Although I agree that calling oneself a chocolatier after reading a book is a huge reach, I didn't come up with the name. I was simply asking if anyone on here actually does it and what type of products are sold. I just don't see a market for it, but I am curious as to how it works. If you do the Dove thing, pm me, please.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%