Cake Boss Show With Buddy

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 3:55am by adree313

madgeowens Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:18am
post #1 of 55

I soooooooooooooooo love this show...I wish they would put more shows on. Tonight they had last weeks show on as well as the new one about Easter Week. The show goes by to fast.I am hooked already LOL...I love it....I love the family interaction too....what is your favorite part? Its on TLC Monday at 10 pm if you have not seen it, you will love it. How about that fire truck.....and that cream puff cake wow thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

54 replies
Teekakes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:26am
post #2 of 55

I really like the show too! My fav cake tonight was the tribute cake to his dad! The cake for the firemen was awesome too. What about the initiation the new kid in the bakery got! Oooooh, can you image having that much ps dumped on your head!! icon_lol.gif

TamiAZ Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:38am
post #3 of 55

I thought it was ok.. I didn't like how he yelled at his delivery guy when the fondant fell off. Uhmmmm, it could have come off because the cake wasn't put together correctly. The part bugged me for some reason.

HamSquad Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:46am
post #4 of 55

Ditto, it was OK, love the tribute to his Dad, man I could relate, my father was a fireman and he past away in 2007. I still love the "Duff Man"!
Just my opinion.LOL

Cakepro Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:23am
post #5 of 55

WOW I am so glad to have seen this thread! I wondered when Cake Boss was coming back on, but my DVR search did not yield any results (stupid limited Comcast DVR service).

Yippee ~ both episodes repeat in half an hour from now!! w00t!

paolacaracas Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:35am
post #6 of 55

I felt it was a little bit fake, like the fondant fall apart on porpouse to add drama, he is too good a cake decorator for such silly mistake. And the magazine calling 5 days in advance for 3 big cakes!!! if you ever worked for a magazine you know how well planed photo shoots are, they never pull last minute things out of no were like that.
I agree I would never blame the driver for fondant falling apart, that mistake comes from the kitchen.
It lacks the coolness that is Ace of cakes, but I like the finishing of Buddy's cakes over Duff's.
It's only two shows, we'll see

christybuc Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:13am
post #7 of 55

I love it!

Duff drives me crazy b/c he will make a "cake" that isn't even edible at all and then serves sheet cakes. I HATE that! You can't call a piece of wood covered in fondant a cake! He does awesome work but I like Buddy SO MUCH better. If Duff had made the fire cake, it would have been done out of foam.... and he would have served sheet cakes!

krissycupcakes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:32am
post #8 of 55

I agree i like Duff, but i do wish he would make more cake in his cakes. cake boss is a lil to much yelling and crazyness i do like how buddy discribes more of what hes doing as hes doing it.

madgeowens Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:02am
post #9 of 55

I think the quality of work and the talent in the bakery is way better then Ace of Cakes........its my new favorite show..........I thought the delivery kid hit a pothole, cause the car dipped....I thought it was a little mean to do that to him, but he was good natured about are right about the cake being edible and not all wood and styrofoam......they are so talented.....they wow me.

Rylan Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:27am
post #10 of 55

I do think that Buddy's cakes are great. I also didn't like that one episode with the delivery guy. In my opinion, I think the show lacks the charm that Ace of Cakes has.

panchanewjersey Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:38am
post #11 of 55

I like the cake rush, how everyone's in a rush to get things done. It's a pretty good show, for some reason I also like Duff, the staff's personality is what I really like. On Cake Boss there's a little to much yelling, I tell you these NJ folks have attitude. (I'm a Jersey girl) lol

Bellatheball Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:36pm
post #12 of 55

I haven't seen CB yet but I'm thrilled to have an alternative to Ace of Cakes. Duff was entertaining at first but I get sick of watching girls with chipped nail polish rolling fondant, decorators who chew on their fingers and go back to making cakes, and Mary Alice's constant commentary.

Meow! Sorry. LOL.

cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:50pm
post #13 of 55

I like them all! I think they need to have a Cake Network station. Where nothing but cake shows run all day long! How awesome would that be? HeHe. We would be in cake heaven!

But the more I watch Buddy's show, the more I like it. I thought it was really sweet how he kissed his little boy and helped his sister finish dinner. =o)

Cakepro Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:24pm
post #14 of 55

Cake Boss is MUCH more appealing to me because that's a REAL bakery and a big, loud, Italian family. I am so over Ace of Cakes. I already learned a simple but one of those "why didn't I think of that???" tricks just from watching those two episodes last night. LOL

ccr03 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:12pm
post #15 of 55

It was cool, but I still perfer AOC. CB had a little too much drama for me. I know that's probably how it is in a real bakery but I watch TV to escape. I definitely don't think the quality is better than AOC. It's a different style.

I'm obviously still going to watch it, but just something about the vibe I'm not feeling it.

neelycharmed Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:24pm
post #16 of 55

I watched Buddy on a few wedding cake shows before, and I thought he was arrogant. Now that he has his own show, he's different- but still not a huge fan.
AOC is fine too, but I am not liking how they do less cake and more "filler" on the show.

suzyq0204 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:26pm
post #17 of 55

I like the show because I have seen some goods tips another post said .. a why didn't I think of that idea. I do think there is too much drama on the show though. I do prefer the personalities of the crew on AOC but having another cake show to watch is always a good thing in my book.

homemaluhia Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:31pm
post #18 of 55

I agree, I like the show too. Especially because it shows the business of an actual bakery. I love AOC too but they don't have the added daily pressure of making sure their front cases are full. They can concentrate on custom cakes.

There's an "artistry" to both decorator's styles! It's always nice to see how others do things.

madgeowens Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:35pm
post #19 of 55

did you see the 2000 dollar cake someone posted in here from AOC....phew

Stephi1 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:36pm
post #20 of 55

I don't like AOC. Everyone seems dirty and like they shouldn't be near food. I like CB but Buddy's sister (the blonde) couldn't be more annoying. At least the cakes on CB look edible. I often wonder why the people at AOC don't just do sculptures because no way would I eat something that came out of that shop.

PennySue Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:37pm
post #21 of 55

I liked the show also, but didn't care for Buddy shaming his sister on camera. So she needs to be more polite to the customers, ok, but do it in private. It was not a necessary element that needed to be explored on national TV...IMHO. Otherwise, I like the show much more than AOC. Loved watching Buddy do his piping on the wedding cakes. That was amazing!

joaaaann Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:41pm
post #22 of 55

OMG! I love Cake Boss so much! Honestly..I don't see how he can be topped--->by anyone--->ever. He's fast, creative, so seriously talented. He's all business and all about 'Mi Familia' as well. He's all heart and brains. I always thought he deserved better scoring in his challenges on the televised cake challenges. That's ok..he has his own show now! He's full of personality in my opinion. He kept my interest thru every minute of his show. He's funny and serious at same time. As far as 'Stretch' goes ( the delivery boy)...well, I saw him take a pot hole, so that's probably what happened. I love the 'lesson' he was given. It was in good fun. I think 'Stretch' would have been feeling worse if he was just yelled at and then it was left at that. The 'dumping' kind of lifts the tension and makes a positive out of a negative I think. Anyway, Buddy Rocks period. He's ALL Italian.."Bada Bing" baby![url=]

sweetideas Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:43pm
post #23 of 55

I saw it for the first time last night. Me, I don't like hearing people yell. I also don't care so much for the family interaction I would rather see the cakes being made and learning techniques. (I thought what he did with the steamer was pretty neat.) I loved the fireman cake, but thought the bunny cake was lack luster for a big-time bakery but I lOVED how he did everything more edible. I thought the way he did the bunny legs as opposed to using RKT or something not edible was pretty neat, too. I wish they would have showed more about the stuff they were making and those beautiful tulips! I can't wait to see more of it.

PS the tribute to his father was very heart-warming and I thought the cake sounded like heaven! I would LOVE to try that one!

sadsmile Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:53pm
post #24 of 55

[b]Watching it right now and you can too....!!!![/b]

there's a lot of AOC in here to just see Full Episodes and click The Food Network and then Ace icon_smile.gif

kokopuff Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:53pm
post #25 of 55

I agree with sweetideas,if your gonna have a cake show can you please show me how you did that instead of yelling at everybody around you,I don't need to learn that one I have been doing it for years!just ask DH and kids! icon_lol.gif

sweetideas Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:06pm
post #26 of 55
Originally Posted by kokopuff

I agree with sweetideas,if your gonna have a cake show can you please show me how you did that instead of yelling at everybody around you,I don't need to learn that one I have been doing it for years!just ask DH and kids! icon_lol.gif

icon_redface.gif I'm pretty good at that too!

CALI_GIRL_CAKES Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:07pm
post #27 of 55

I like the CAKE NETWORK idea.....More Cake, More Cake. I was not so sure of the Cake Boss, but I love watching how they make the cakes. Still love Duff. I would rather work at Charm City, seem like it would be more fun than being yelled at all day long.... icon_razz.gif

Bellatheball Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:09pm
post #28 of 55

I come from a big Italian family. We yell. When I was growing up I'd say "Stop yelling at me!!" and my dad would yell back, "I'm. NOT. YELLING!" LOL. Seriously, if something is said quietly in Italian families, that's when you need to start worrying.

psurrette Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:11pm
post #29 of 55

I watched............... he does great cakes. I don't like the yelling. I really don't care for buddy. He is kinda arrogant. He is already famous from inheriting daddy's bakery and a great one it is. As for duff AOC yeah he doest amazing stuff too. But wheres the cake? I agree using wood and covering it with fodant isn't cake then servings sheet cakes?? Whats up with that. Make the whole thing cake push it to the limit!
I want TLC to pick someone that has talent, charisma, drive and passion that barley gets a mark on the map. There are so many people on CC that are better! TLC Find the new up and coming star and make them become a star!

Cakepro Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:17pm
post #30 of 55

"I'm not yelling! I'm Italian! This is how we talk!"

Don't y'all know that?? Image

Quote by @%username% on %date%