Anyone Watching "cake Boss"?

Lounge By miny Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 6:01am by summernoelle

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:00am
post #1 of 8

I'm watching Cake Boss on TLC and I'm getting really hyper and stressed out, don't get me wrong I like Buddy Valastro but there is so much yelling and so little cake decorating I don't know if I can handle other week. Really, he looks so stressed it makes me want to help!
I'd love to see them working more on the cakes (I may pick up something from that) because I already know how to yell! LOL
I hope he makes SP flowers soon he is so good at that..... icon_lol.gif

7 replies
jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:08am
post #2 of 8

I've watch the previous 2 episodes and I have tonight's episode set to record, and yes, the yelling is quite a turn off. When the kids are in bed..its my relaxing time...not time to here grown folks yelling and arguing over sugar. I'll give it a couple more episodes to really see if I like it.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:12am
post #3 of 8

They should get the Cake Girls to do their own show, don't you think? I'm a big fan. thumbs_up.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 8

I really like Cake Boss. And I definitely think Cake Girls should have their own show! I wish I could see the one that they do have..but we don't have WE. I'm telling ya, we need a cake channel. Nothing but cake all day long!

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

I'm watching cake boss on TLC and I'm getting really hyper and stressed out, don't get me wrong I like Buddy Valastro but there is so much yelling and so little cake decorating I don't know if I can handle other week. Really, he looks so stressed it makes me want to help!

Quote:
Quote:

the yelling is quite a turn off.

I completely agree!! I had been excited about it coming on, but I watched 2 full episodes and don't know if I can stomach any more. I started trying to watch the 3rd one (the Easter one) and stopped it. I tried again, resuming it from where I left off, and couldn't even watch 30 seconds! Maybe if I watch it on mute, I'd enjoy it. I LOVE his work! He's so talented, but it's not worth the stress to listen to the yelling. I know it's an Italian family, but I'm not, so I can't handle it! haha

I'm glad I'm not alone in this!

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:50am
post #6 of 8

You're certainly not alone...I won't be watching anymore. The yelling at each other, the disrespect, is just too much. And sometimes I get the feeling the "family love" scenes are really staged for the show.

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:58am
post #7 of 8

I watch it and I have to say I love it! The yelling doesn't bother me at all, I think it's funny! I think I have a little crush on Buddy! Shhhh...... icon_biggrin.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 6:01am
post #8 of 8

I was a bit disappointed in this last episode, where he makes a carbon copy of a Pink Cake Box cake, and then passes it off as his own design. It was the hot pink and zebra print cake. He started talking about his "vision for the cake", etc, eventhough he obviously saw it on their site and replicated it. To do that on national TV, like he just came up with this awesome design, didn't sit well with me.

I obviously don't have issues with replicating cakes, because I do it all the time, I just thought when he said it was his vision was a little wrong. JMO.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%