For Those Who Asked To See My Car Progression Photos...

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 7:26pm by ShopGrl1128

20 replies
Uniqueask Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:20am
post #2 of 21

That Is So cool where did you get the DVD

Bellatheball Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:29am
post #3 of 21

http://www.mikesamazingcakes.com/ Go to the bottom left photo and it will show you how to order the DVD. Seriously, he's a master. My cake is no prize but I can only imagine what it would have looked like without that DVD.

emrldsky Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:34am
post #4 of 21

Cake is gorgeous, but I really think the prize is your commentary. Especially when you stuck your tongue out at the stain, lol.

imartsy Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:38am
post #5 of 21

Awesome job - I have the DVD and was amazed - but don't know anyone who will pay me enough to make this kind of cake - think I'd have to do it for my self - and I don't know that I have the time or money (or patience) to do it just for little ole' me icon_smile.gif

Thanks for sharing the pictures though - I think the end product looks great!

Rylan Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:29am
post #6 of 21

You did a GREAT job on that cake. I love it!

panchanewjersey Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:39am
post #7 of 21

That's awesome!

taliyahsnana Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:41am
post #8 of 21

I agree.. the car turned out wonderful and I got a giggle with commentary.
Great job and Thanks for sharing.

Barb

bashini Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:45am
post #9 of 21

Wow! that is brilliant and the way you carved it using a template for the sides is absolutely fantasic! icon_smile.gif

Thank you for sharing! icon_smile.gif

poohthebear Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:07am
post #10 of 21

You did an excellent job!! I went to look at Mike's website too. All I can say is wow!! I had never heard of it before thank you!

grama_j Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:39am
post #11 of 21

WOW! WOW! WOW! You did a FANTASTIC job on that cake.... and you really need to look into writing..... perhaps a novel is in your future icon_lol.gif

Have you given him the cake yet ? What did he say ? Did you actually let him cut and eat it after all that work ?!

JayTeresa Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:03am
post #12 of 21

That cake is absolutely awesome!!!!! I've saved it to my faves, can't wait to try it. Great Job!!!!!!!!!

cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:54pm
post #13 of 21

Thanks for sharing!! That is superb!

lilboo529 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:03pm
post #14 of 21

GREAT JOB I LOVE HOW YOU PAID ATTENTION TO LITTLE DETAILS....BET YOUR BROTHER LOVED IT

aundron Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:11pm
post #15 of 21

I bought this DVD because I have a car cake due next week; I'm a little nervous about it, but, this DVD is awesome!!

caseyhayes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:30pm
post #16 of 21

You're a hero! I loved your commentaryicon_smile.gif Congratulations!!!

Bellatheball Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:53pm
post #17 of 21

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. It's always nice to hear feedback from other cakers (and I can take criticism too!! Really, I can.)

Imartsy, I wonder how much one would get for a carved car cake. I've never priced it out but something tells me I don't want to think about price/hour. icon_biggrin.gif

Grama, many thanks. My brother is a man of a few words. I think he liked it but he didn't say much about it to me. My nephews, niece and daughter loved it though so that made up for his reserved commentary. icon_razz.gif After so many hours, I offered to stab (er, I mean cut) the thing myself.

Oh, and because someone asked, the stains are still there. They are a very light shade of pale pink. Can't wait to see what colors they turn to next week.

caseyhayes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:02pm
post #18 of 21

I bet he told all of his friends about it.

ShopGrl1128 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:06pm
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatheball

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. It's always nice to hear feedback from other cakers (and I can take criticism too!! Really, I can.)

Bellatheball, thank you so much for posting the pictures and your comments are hilarious!
That car looks awesome!
Please keep us updated on the stains next week icon_biggrin.gif

I will be making a MUSTANG on August and your steps are so easy to follow.thank you!

I have a couple of questions: why do you put modeling choc. and then fondant to do the cut outs? Why not fondant on fondant?
Is there a reason for that?
How did glue the modeling choc. to the fondant?

TIA

Bellatheball Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:45pm
post #20 of 21

Casey, he may have. icon_biggrin.gif

Cakegirl, the modeling chocolate helps you create a little more defintion for the hood and, in Mike's words, if you put it under the fondant, it will look less "schloopy."

ShopGrl1128 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:26pm
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatheball

Casey, he may have. icon_biggrin.gif

Cakegirl, the modeling chocolate helps you create a little more defintion for the hood and, in Mike's words, if you put it under the fondant, it will look less "schloopy."

Interesting...thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%