How Do You Store Food Coloring?

Decorating By chanielisalevy Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 3:31pm by Kayakado

chanielisalevy Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:34am
post #1 of 4

Where and how do you store your food paste containers? My wilton colors for example I have been storing in a small 3 drawer unit but the problem is that the color that sometimes gets on the outside of the container contaminates the other jars so when I want to open a jar to color fondant sometimes a second (or third!) color makes its way into my fondant. Unbidden and unwanted might I add! So what do you do?

3 replies
Lyndseyb52 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:46am
post #2 of 4

I have a set of plastic drawers to store my all my colours and cutters in and always keep the bottles standing up.

I used to buy the liquid colours but they were really messy and ran down the sides of the containers, so now I only buy the pastes. They don't even spill if you knock them over because they are so thick. I also use a cocktail stick to add the colour to my fondant so none of it gets round the opening. If it does, I always close the lid tight and wash it before putting it away.

Lyndsey xx

chasebrad Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:48am
post #3 of 4

I store mine in a compartment keeper....like for cross stitch floss or tackle box. Each Wilton jar stands up perfectly in each opening and I store it standing straight up so there are limited leaks. I sometimes have to put a small piece of paper towel in a compartment to catch leaks.
But it works great! I love it!

Kayakado Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 4

I store my paste colors in an empty egg carton, keeps them upright and away from each other. I also keep my big tips in an egg carton.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%