White Chocolate Heaven....

Baking By clovely Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 1:23am by jlsheik

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:11am
post #1 of 3

I still have to decorate this cake tomorrow. My fondant skills are somewhat lacking so I can't yet make any promises on what I'll end up with on the outside of this cake but the inside of this cake is officially the YUMMIEST thing I've ever created! It can be bu-- ugly and they'll forget it when they cut into it...WOW! I just had to share what I've compiled here!!

White chocolate cake (torted into four layers)...filled in two places with raspberry white chocolate truffle...the center is a white chocolate (crustless) cheesecake...topped with white chocolate cream cheese frosting! I saved just a little of each element when I was putting it together so I could try it (I wont be at the event it's being made for)....OMG! I just tried it...so good!!! I put some white chocolate in the marshmallow fondant I'm going to use to decorate it tomorrow too, FYI. Here are the recipes I used because I highly recommend this!

Quote:
Quote:

White Chocolate Cake

6 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 box plain white cake mix (Duncan Hines)
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 extra-large eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Preheat oven to 325 Degrees. Place rack in center of the oven. Generously grease two 9-inch cake pans with solid vegetable shortening then dust with flour; shake out the excess flour. Set aside pans.

Melt white chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.

In a large bowl, place the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Pour in the slightly cooled white chocolate. Blend with a mixer, on low, for 1 minute; stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase mixer speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes; scrape down more if needed. The batter should look well blended.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans, smoothing it out with a rubber spatula. Place the pans on a cookie sheet, side by side in the oven.

Bake the cakes until they are golden brown and spring back slightly when lightly pressed with your finger, about 38 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks to cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, run a dinner knife around the edge of each layer and invert each onto a rack, then invert again on another rack so that the cakes are right side up. Allow to cool completely, at least 30 minutes or more.

Quote:
Quote:

Raspberry Filling

1 package (16 oz.) frozen raspberries packed in sugar, thawed
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Yield: Makes about 2 cups filling.
Directions
1.Drain raspberries, reserving liquid.
2.Add enough water to liquid to equal 1 1/4 cups.
3.In large saucepan, combine liquid, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; mix well.
4.Heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
5.Cool completely.
6.Stir thawed raspberries into cooled mixture.

...Combined with...

Quote:
Quote:

The truffle recipe:
16 oz. cream cheese softened
4 cups white choc. chips(2 bags)
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla (clear)
2 cups PS

-Beat cream cheese. Melt chips and butter in microwave. Beat into cheese. Add vanilla & PS. Beat well.

...thanks Lisaa1996 for that one!

....I'm sorry, I don't remember who I got this from but it was here on CC and I saved her notes/instructions with the recipe...

Quote:
Quote:

CHEESECAKE FILLING

I actually do make a crustless New York style cheesecake
for my cheesecake filling. I just line the cake pan with
foil and spray it with Pam. When the cheesecake has cooled
I put it in the fridge to get cold. (When it's cold it is
really easy to handle.) You just take it out of the pan
and peel the foil off. Place it between the two cooled
cake layers. So far I have made this filling for a devil's
food, carrot, red velvet, and a vanilla cake torted and
filled with strawberry filling. They are delicious!

My cheesecake is actually only about an inch high or a
little more. A really easy recipe that I use that is
perfect size is the following...

2 8oz pkgs cream cheese
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
vanilla

...but I actually used these ingredients with her instructions above to make it white chocolate (found this on Cooks.com)...

Quote:
Quote:

2 lbs. cream cheese
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
8 oz. white chocolate, melted

and the frosting...

Quote:
Quote:

8 oz cream cheese
3/4 c crisco
1/4 c salted butter
2 lb powdered sugar
1/4 t salt
1/4 t lemon juice
6 oz white chocolate chips

Just had to share! And I wanted to compile all that for future reference for myself. You gotta try it!

2 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:23am
post #2 of 3

Sounds wonderful!

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:23am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!! It sounds devine! Can you put in the recipes so that we can save it and print? I would love to have it for future reference!
Laura

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%