I Know Was Unprofessional, But I Was So Mad!!!

Business By bakery_chick Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 5:12am by JanH

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:09pm
post #31 of 46

Yeah and I mean stay professional about it but let them know politely what happened then it gives them the option to a) make amends with you and b) take care of chicklette's weak behavior. I mean ultimately they might not care but...at least they get a chance.

Chicklette might be the boss' sweetie or something or knows where the body's are buried--but...I sure would call.

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:37pm
post #32 of 46

I bet she liked them and just figured if she complained she would get more freebies. I know where I work, a$$$$$$$$ get more then those who are nice. My bosses minid set is "Screw'm if they are nice (it's there fault they aren't bitter dumba@*es) and give it to the mean jacka@* who just came in behind them. LOL Needless to say when the boss isn't around, I don't give in to the meanies and when he is the next nice person who comes in gets a little suprise (they get what jerk got), good rates and all that.

}i{

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:40pm
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Chicklette might be the boss' sweetie or something or knows where the body's are buried--but...I sure would call.

Boy, am I glad I wasn't drinking something at the time I read this! It would've been sprayed all over my computer!

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:41pm
post #34 of 46

Seeing as how I am fluent in vulgarity when agitated, I found your response to be quite ladylike and professional. I would have opted for something along the lines of what Debi said...Plus I just love how people complain about free stuff. I don't get people. What comes around goes around. I hope she gets the runs.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:28pm
post #35 of 46
Quote:

Happened to me once. Worked in corporate america and some chic in our Calif office was trying to tell me how SHE would run my warehouse and I in no uncertain terms told her where to get off. She started the whole deal in an email and copied the V.P. on it. So my replies were copied to him also.

So I'm talking to him on the phone (he's in our Asia plant at the time) and he brings it up, conceeding "....she could have been a little more tactful about it", to which I replied, "Yeah, well she could have NOT called me a liar in writing."

I then proceeded to make a comment about "I don't' know who she's sleeping with to make her think she runs this company, but somebody better reel that little girl in, real fast!"

Uh.....I find out later she's sleeping with the V.P. that I was talking to! icon_redface.gif

No repercussions ..... but she DID start staying out of my way after that. icon_rolleyes.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:38pm
post #36 of 46

I would have told her I'll be right there, and went and took them back. No cookies for you!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:50pm
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Happened to me once. Worked in corporate america and some chic in our Calif office was trying to tell me how SHE would run my warehouse and I in no uncertain terms told her where to get off. She started the whole deal in an email and copied the V.P. on it. So my replies were copied to him also.

So I'm talking to him on the phone (he's in our Asia plant at the time) and he brings it up, conceeding "....she could have been a little more tactful about it", to which I replied, "Yeah, well she could have NOT called me a liar in writing."

I then proceeded to make a comment about "I don't' know who she's sleeping with to make her think she runs this company, but somebody better reel that little girl in, real fast!"

Uh.....I find out later she's sleeping with the V.P. that I was talking to! icon_redface.gif

No repercussions ..... but she DID start staying out of my way after that. icon_rolleyes.gif

Whoa! Wow--bwooowahahahahah--what a jolt you gave him and her!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:43pm
post #38 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillangel

I hope she gets the runs.

hahahahahahaha

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:50am
post #39 of 46
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:

Hey guess what~had a thought. I love doing stuff like this. I call and I'm pleasant like I was purchasing a ticket to go on vacation and I just say these blessed words, "What is your boss' name?"

Like where's my ticket to fun fun fun at your expense expense expense. Omg there's no thrill like that thrill~~ both ways~~hers and yours. icon_biggrin.gif

And, dude, give her boss another of your pleasant calls. icon_biggrin.gif

LOL......K8........Dude.............what are you saying, I'm not following at all!! Hey, are you hitting the margaritas again? icon_lol.gif or Are you responding to the wrong post again? icon_biggrin.gif

No, right post this time.

Call the chick that complained --as I understand it this is a work related gift of some kind for theschool district.

Quote:
Quote:

I donated a gift certificate to a local school district. I thought it would be passed on to one of the employees, but I am not sure that was the case. The person who called said she was from the district and this was for a community event. She called today and needed the items today.

So call the chick that complained and ask her what's her boss' name. So you can then call and let her boss know that she dissed your gift. Or call the people you gave the gift to in the first place. In other words, there's a chain of command here--use it to your advantage.

Non-profits need to know that they can't allow that kind of beharvior and expect to get more donations.

As someone who has done a lot of volunteer work for a non-profit, I totally agree with this. I ran a cake auction (among other things) for several years. There are ways to handle less than perfect donations (although yours isn't one of them) and that was not it. A non-profit organization depends on the goodwill of their donors to help them raise funds. The last thing you want to do is be rude or tick off somebody.

Shoot, we have a chick who takes cakes that aren't hers at the end of the auction. I put control measures in place and last year we finally figured out the "missing cake mystery." No one called her on the intentional theft. The cake was removed from her hands, someone stayed with her the entire time, and a note was made in my records (since last year was my last year as chair) so the new chair would know who it is and how it was handled. No more buy a cake for 20 bucks and walk off with a 200 dollar cake for her!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 8:42pm
post #40 of 46

I would have told her to bring them back with her receipt and I'd be happy to refund her money icon_smile.gif Then when she had to admit they were a donation I'd ask her what the he!! she's complaining about.

Cakes_By_Bright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes_By_Bright Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 9:05pm
post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Love it.

Mine would have been much more uncouth.

Dear Customer-who-has-just-made-their-way-onto-my-banned-for-life-list.

What was I going to tell you? Oh nevermind.

Sincerely,
xxxxxxxx

LOVE THIS RESPONSE!! HAHAHAHA Put you need to put in there Customer-who-received-a-donation-and-just-made-theirway-onto-my-banned-for-life-list...... HAHAHAHA

And like K8 said, if this was a donation used for a community event contact her boss and let them know that you no longer will be giving donations to them because of the dumb @$$ b!tch...but use pretty words. icon_wink.gif Then write a letter to like your local newspaper...I don't know if you guys have a section where people just write to express themselves. Those are fun reading. icon_biggrin.gif

btw, u were NOT unprofessional AT ALL. She actually was lucky she got you and not me. icon_wink.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 9:30pm
post #42 of 46

I for one do not think your email was unprofessional in any way. You didn't cuss or call her names--so in my book thumbs_up.gif . It's hard to say if the gc that you supplied was given as a gift or sold. Either way you handled it very good. I probably would have responded "well f off then and dont come back" icon_biggrin.gif

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:55am
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

When I have someone complain about a donation, I usually pretend I've forgotten that it was a donation and tell them to "please bring it back. I'll be happy to have a refund ready for you. How much was it you paid?" Shuts 'em right up.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I just wanted to say I loved this tactic.

I also loved that original email. It was so vague and anger-inducing; is she a troll on CC on the weekends? icon_rolleyes.gif

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:19am
post #44 of 46

I think she just wanted to see what else she could get if she complained. An offer for your higher priced cookies maybe? A promise of a discount off later for a cake? Since she mentioned your cakes in the email. She seems the type to complain about everything so she can get refund or freebies.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm
post #45 of 46

Why write a letter to the newspaper and bring down an entire organization because of one snot? That doesn't seem fair to me.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 5:12am
post #46 of 46

For the happy ending to this story, please see:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-641705-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%