I Know Was Unprofessional, But I Was So Mad!!!

Business By bakery_chick Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 5:12am by JanH

bakery_chick Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 46

So this is the email I received...


"I just had a friend pick up cookies from you. I couldn\\'t believe what she brought back. 24 cookies @ $1.00 each. Not impressed whith what I received. Your cakes are wonderful but your cookies take a whole different outlook at your company. I know things are tight but this is too tight"

This is my reply...

XXXX,
I am sorry that you were unimpressed with the cookies. Our cookies have been $1.00/each since we opened in August of 2007. I have never had someone who thought the price was "too tight". Our cookies are made from scratch, and we use real butter. Being that this was a last minute order and a donation, I feel we were more than generous with our time and our product. Perhaps you should purchase your cookies full price from the grocery store.
Sincerely,
Annette

I know I was unprofessional, but I was so angry. This was free to them. I donated a gift certificate to a local school district. I thought it would be passed on to one of the employees, but I am not sure that was the case. The person who called said she was from the district and this was for a community event. She called today and needed the items today.
I can't imagine she has had our cakes because they are a lot more expensive than our cookies.
AARRGGGHHH

I am only working today because I was supposed to have a cake tasting, but they canceled last minute. Maybe I shouldn't read any more email!!



p.s. I just posted this rant as a reply to someone else's post. I am stepping away from the computer...

45 replies
Deb_ Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 46

She's complaining about something that she received for FREE? What a quack...........love your response to her btw.

Deb icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 46

I absolutely freakin' LUV your response! And I think you sound very professional. (at least you didn't say, "You big dumb-a$$ B*itch....." icon_biggrin.gif )

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 46

Annette, your email does not read angry or unprofessional to me but the chick that wrote you was ungrateful and unhelpful. This was a donation? Geez Louise

I mean if she had said exactly what her issue was--the cookies were too thin too thick too crunchy too sweet --y'know it's still subjective but it gives you something to go on. She was just spouting off. Wow so sorry you got that response back. (and on a donation?) Crazy.

solascakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 46

Bakery_chick that was ssoooo professional.

Alice1230 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 46

some people can be so irritating and RUDE

catcreations Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:31pm
post #7 of 46

bakery_chick, no worries, I saw your cookies and evidentally this lady was having a PMS day and you were in the line of fire. In the words of Charolette, "Chin up".

Rylan Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:33pm
post #8 of 46

I think it was a professionally said.

majormichel Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:34pm
post #9 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I absolutely freakin' LUV your response! And I think you sound very professional. (at least you didn't say, "You big dumb-a$$ B*itch....." icon_biggrin.gif )




lol

lainvest64 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:45pm
post #10 of 46

I love your response! It amazes me how unappreciative people are. I was always taught not to gripe with your mouth full!

kelleym Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:47pm
post #11 of 46

Do you live near SweetArt? Is there something in the water making bakery customers act like escaped mental patients?

OfficerMorgan Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:48pm
post #12 of 46

Free=no right to complain. If someone had gotten sick, then yes, that would have been fine. But not pretty enough? Whatever.

CakesbyCindi Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:49pm
post #13 of 46

Darn it... As a hobby baker, mostly friends and family, I have yet had the opportunity to "professionally tell some one off" But if I did I think indydebi's response would just pop right out of my mouth with ease... Keep her name in your "never make anything for her again" file.

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:50pm
post #14 of 46

Love it.

Mine would have been much more uncouth.

Dear Customer-who-has-just-made-their-way-onto-my-banned-for-life-list.

What was I going to tell you? Oh nevermind.

Sincerely,
xxxxxxxx

Eisskween Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:56pm
post #15 of 46

That was very professional! Kudos to you! You handled it very nicely and it's stories like this that helps me control my temper. LOL

Shame on her for doing that on a donation, even at $1.00 per cookie, that price seems totally reasonable and even a tad on the low side.

Some people just feel the need to put others and their work down, that's what makes their mundane lives more interesting (to them anyway).

Best wishes! icon_biggrin.gif

klat7292 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:58pm
post #16 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

I think it was a professionally said.




ditto!! thumbs_up.gif

panchanewjersey Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:01am
post #17 of 46

Couldn't have said it better! You don't want to know what I what've said.

artscallion Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:15am
post #18 of 46

You were very professional. People are such dolts sometimes.

When I have someone complain about a donation, I usually pretend I've forgotten that it was a donation and tell them to "please bring it back. I'll be happy to have a refund ready for you. How much was it you paid?" Shuts 'em right up.

bakery_chick Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:22am
post #19 of 46

Thank you all!!!!
I needed a little support. You all are awesome.

Just a side note, these were not for decorated sugar cookies. They were only the reg variety: chocolate chip, oatmeal, etc.
She might have pooped her pants if she asked for sugar cookies. Mine run $3-4/each.

-K8memphis Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:44am
post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakery_chick

So this is the email I received...


"I just had a friend pick up cookies from you. I couldn\\'t believe what she brought back. 24 cookies @ $1.00 each. Not impressed whith what I received. Your cakes are wonderful but your cookies take a whole different outlook at your company. I know things are tight but this is too tight"

This is my reply...

XXXX,
I am sorry that you were unimpressed with the cookies. Our cookies have been $1.00/each since we opened in August of 2007. I have never had someone who thought the price was "too tight". Our cookies are made from scratch, and we use real butter. Being that this was a last minute order and a donation, I feel we were more than generous with our time and our product. Perhaps you should purchase your cookies full price from the grocery store.
Sincerely,
Annette

I know I was unprofessional, but I was so angry. This was free to them. I donated a gift certificate to a local school district. I thought it would be passed on to one of the employees, but I am not sure that was the case. The person who called said she was from the district and this was for a community event. She called today and needed the items today.
I can't imagine she has had our cakes because they are a lot more expensive than our cookies.
AARRGGGHHH

I am only working today because I was supposed to have a cake tasting, but they canceled last minute. Maybe I shouldn't read any more email!!



p.s. I just posted this rant as a reply to someone else's post. I am stepping away from the computer...




Hey guess what~had a thought. I love doing stuff like this. I call and I'm pleasant like I was purchasing a ticket to go on vacation and I just say these blessed words, "What is your boss' name?"

Like where's my ticket to fun fun fun at your expense expense expense. Omg there's no thrill like that thrill~~ both ways~~hers and yours. icon_biggrin.gif

And, dude, give her boss another of your pleasant calls. icon_biggrin.gif

Deb_ Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:53am
post #21 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis


Hey guess what~had a thought. I love doing stuff like this. I call and I'm pleasant like I was purchasing a ticket to go on vacation and I just say these blessed words, "What is your boss' name?"

Like where's my ticket to fun fun fun at your expense expense expense. Omg there's no thrill like that thrill~~ both ways~~hers and yours. icon_biggrin.gif

And, dude, give her boss another of your pleasant calls. icon_biggrin.gif




LOL......K8........Dude.............what are you saying, I'm not following at all!! Hey, are you hitting the margaritas again? icon_lol.gif or Are you responding to the wrong post again? icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:01am
post #22 of 46

you weren't unprofessional AT ALL. i liked your reply. she's one crazy *****.

Swede-cakes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:15am
post #23 of 46

Wow! icon_eek.gif What a shrew that pseudo-customer was! I agree with the others; your response was professional and to the point. You kept it all business and didn't give her the reaction she was looking for.

Now dkelly, if K8's got the blender going, I'm getting in line!

umgrzfn Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:20am
post #24 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I absolutely freakin' LUV your response! And I think you sound very professional. (at least you didn't say, "You big dumb-a$$ B*itch....." icon_biggrin.gif )



That is so something I would have said!! That's funny stuff there! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

neelycharmed Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:03am
post #25 of 46

love, love, love your response.

I had the same thing happen this weekend(with cake).
She was wondering why here cake was sooo much money(ben 10- done by hand) I charged her $50.00
homemade scratch cake, with buttercream icing.
Then she said last year her cake was only $25.00( not made by me)
from a box, with can icing...
I felt like saying "hello, are you listening to what you just said".

neelycharmed Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:03am
post #26 of 46

love, love, love your response.

I had the same thing happen this weekend(with cake).
She was wondering why here cake was sooo much money(ben 10- done by hand) I charged her $50.00
homemade scratch cake, with buttercream icing.
Then she said last year her cake was only $25.00( not made by me)
from a box, with can icing...
I felt like saying "hello, are you listening to what you just said".

dhccster Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:12am
post #27 of 46

I just don't see how someone can complain about something FREE. There are just some unhappy people in this world that just have the need to complain. I am sure your cookies were yummy!

-K8memphis Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:41am
post #28 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis


Hey guess what~had a thought. I love doing stuff like this. I call and I'm pleasant like I was purchasing a ticket to go on vacation and I just say these blessed words, "What is your boss' name?"

Like where's my ticket to fun fun fun at your expense expense expense. Omg there's no thrill like that thrill~~ both ways~~hers and yours. icon_biggrin.gif

And, dude, give her boss another of your pleasant calls. icon_biggrin.gif



LOL......K8........Dude.............what are you saying, I'm not following at all!! Hey, are you hitting the margaritas again? icon_lol.gif or Are you responding to the wrong post again? icon_biggrin.gif




No, right post this time.

Call the chick that complained --as I understand it this is a work related gift of some kind for theschool district.

Quote:
Quote:

I donated a gift certificate to a local school district. I thought it would be passed on to one of the employees, but I am not sure that was the case. The person who called said she was from the district and this was for a community event. She called today and needed the items today.




So call the chick that complained and ask her what's her boss' name. So you can then call and let her boss know that she dissed your gift. Or call the people you gave the gift to in the first place. In other words, there's a chain of command here--use it to your advantage.

Non-profits need to know that they can't allow that kind of beharvior and expect to get more donations.

dhccster Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:46am
post #29 of 46

k8memphis "Non-profits need to know that they can't allow that kind of beharvior and expect to get more donations."

That is absolutely true. I surely wouldn't want to donate to them again.

Deb_ Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:04pm
post #30 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis


Hey guess what~had a thought. I love doing stuff like this. I call and I'm pleasant like I was purchasing a ticket to go on vacation and I just say these blessed words, "What is your boss' name?"

Like where's my ticket to fun fun fun at your expense expense expense. Omg there's no thrill like that thrill~~ both ways~~hers and yours. icon_biggrin.gif

And, dude, give her boss another of your pleasant calls. icon_biggrin.gif



LOL......K8........Dude.............what are you saying, I'm not following at all!! Hey, are you hitting the margaritas again? icon_lol.gif or Are you responding to the wrong post again? icon_biggrin.gif



No, right post this time.

Call the chick that complained --as I understand it this is a work related gift of some kind for theschool district.

Quote:
Quote:

I donated a gift certificate to a local school district. I thought it would be passed on to one of the employees, but I am not sure that was the case. The person who called said she was from the district and this was for a community event. She called today and needed the items today.



So call the chick that complained and ask her what's her boss' name. So you can then call and let her boss know that she dissed your gift. Or call the people you gave the gift to in the first place. In other words, there's a chain of command here--use it to your advantage.

Non-profits need to know that they can't allow that kind of beharvior and expect to get more donations.




OK got ya now! You're right.....I can't believe the ungratefulness of some people. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%