My First Cake Order

Decorating By imamommy1205 Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 2:31am by imamommy1205

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 4

I didnt post this on the cake business board bc I dont have a business, but I dont mind occasionally taking money for making someone a cake icon_biggrin.gif.

Its a 2 tiered (8 and 10 inch) 30th anniversary cake. They want one tier chocolate and one yellow cake. White frosting, a pearl border (since its for a 30th anniversary) and fondant flowers. The flowers will be pink. I am excited! I will be sure to show pics when I am done..i is due next Friday. One of the people involved is being a bit swishy washy, so I am gonna get a deposit for the ingredients just in case. Then I at least wont be out any money.

Yay!

Btw...what kinda of fillings should I use? What filling would go with both flavors of cake? Thanks!

3 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 4

Congratulations on your first paid order.

Do the clients have any preference as far as the filling is concerned?

With yellow cake, I like any fruit filling i.e. strawberry, raspberry, lemon, etc., or whipped chocolate ganache, chocolate buttercream, or regular buttercream.

With chocolate cake, I LOVE cookies and cream buttercream, peanut butter buttercream, whipped chocolate ganache, raspberry mousse, white chocolate buttercream, or regular buttercream.

The possibilities are endless................... icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:04am
post #3 of 4

That's exciting! Can't wait to see a pic. I love the Buttercream Dream frosting. It would go well with yellow and chocolate cake. It's in the recipe section. =o) If you haven't tried it...you really should. It's totally delish!

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:31am
post #4 of 4

They didnt seem to have any preference on filling, but I will ask tomorrow to be certain. All they said was the 2 flavors they wanted. I am thinking though that raspberry goes well with both cakes and I migh do that if they dont have a preference. But I am already doing this cake cheap, maybe I should just fill it with BC and call it a day. I think if they wanted something in particular they would have said something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%