Edible Image Sheets Other Than Kopy Kake!

Decorating By tmcakes Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 7:52pm by cuchenscm0109

tmcakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 6

Can someone please share with me the other types of edible image sheets besides the one from kopy kake. I currently use Kopy Kake sheets but I find they are a little too thick for some projects. Can anyone suggest other sheets that will hold up well and tell me where they can be purchased? I tried rice paper but the rice paper melted once the ink hit the sheet. icon_mad.gif Thanks

5 replies
Moofiebonbon Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 6

I use Lucks sheets. They have a much longer shelf life ( if stored properly they last 4-5 years) and seems to be durable but workable. I purchase mine through
http://www.icingimages.com/
They sell an off brand for a little cheaper, but if you don't go through many, I would steer clear of those. I used to get them and save a few bucks, but if they are not used up somewhat quickly they become brittle and are no good, so not really saving at all!
These folks are very prompt and helpful.
Hope this helps!

linedancer Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:35am
post #3 of 6

I also use icingimages for my icing sheets. I buy the cheaper brand that Moofiebonbon talked about, but I did not have trouble with them drying up and becoming brittle. I used them within a year. BTW, icingimages has suburb customer service.

Molly2 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:49am
post #4 of 6

I use rice paper for butterflies in my machine I've never used them for a image on top of a cake I'm told they don't melt into the frosting as well. But I have heard of people using it for images.

Molly

Cakepro Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 6

This post has funny timing...I just sent an "I'm happy" email to Icing Images earlier today, as I have been really impressed with their customer service and the quality of their products and wanted to tell them so.

I have been buying KK inks and frosting sheets for years, and since my EI printer will sometimes sit for a month or two between uses, every time I wanted to print an image, I had to spend 20 minutes soaking the print head in airbrush cleaner to remove the dried, clogged ink...and then would wastd a bunch of ink re-aligning the print heads and getting ink going through it again. UGH! Plus, I did not like the way the thick icing sheets tasted.

I decided to order inks last year from Icing Images, and they are awesome. One of the cartridges lost its seal or something, and it slowly leaked the ink into the printer. I sent them an email and a photo of the problem, and they promptly replaced the whole set of inks. Since then, there has been no problem at all - and the inks do not dry out and clog my printer! Last week I ordered their new large icing sheets, which have an 8.5" x 10.75" print area, and they are so thin and taste really good! I am super happy with their products and their customer service.

I recommend you give them a try (and no, I am not a paid spokesperson, LOL, just a very happy customer). www(dot)icingimages(dot)com

cuchenscm0109 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 6

Cakepro, I have been having the exact same problem with my EI printer and the ink getting clogged. I also ordered from KK, which I have had no problems with customer service, but I had two graduation cakes this past weekend and I spent all day thursday trying to work the bugs out by cleaning the heads, aligning the print head, etc. I don't use the printer very often so mine gets pretty clogged too. Of course, I ran out of ink so I had to refill it (which I did wrong) and my hands are STILL purple and blue.
Also, do any of you have problems with your KK icing sheets bubbling after you get it on the cake? Mine did and it lifted the icing OFF the cake. What did I do wrong?
I am so glad I seen this post about Icing Images, I will have to try them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%