Writing Tip/ Cutter/ Stencil

Decorating By thetopsyturvyclub Updated 31 Oct 2009 , 5:09pm by PinkLisa

thetopsyturvyclub Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 8

I have seen this type of writing in a lot of ckaes online and was wondering if it is a kind of stencil/ cutter/ special tip.

http://www.truly-scrumptious.me.uk/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=560&linkpath=http://truly-scrumptious.me.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sainbest.jpg&target=tlx_picbkjd

Check this link for a sample of this.

Would love to know how it works as the result is very neat and uniform

7 replies
ngfcake Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 8
luv2bake6 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 8

What do you do with these? Do you press them into fondant and then pipe over them? Or are they stamped?

becklynn Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:04am
post #4 of 8

You cut the letters out of fondant or gumpaste.

Check out this video:

luv2bake6 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you so much for this link. I've never done anything like this as i mostly work with royal icing. It's so exciting to learn new things here!!

ninatat Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:04am
post #6 of 8

Hi i bought those cutters, they are very very small, i didn't use the sugar, but she even say's they give her problems, i even let them set, but it doesn't cut say the spaces between the e's E, i found them to be very time consuming, way to much time. when you pick them up they break or they get really out of shape. to me they are not worth the $8.99 or even less, for me they were a pain in the bu-----

RosieC Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:14pm
post #7 of 8

They do take some getting used to using. I've had troubles at times with them but the trick that worked for me is to use only gumpaste (no fondant)...the gumpaste needs to be fairly dry...if adding color you may want to make it up a few hours ahead of when you want to actually start cutting out your letters. I spread a little shortening on my mat and press my tappets into powdered sugar before using it and it comes out great. Really you may just want to experiment until you find what works for you. They are cute though in the end.

PinkLisa Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 8

I agree that they just take some getting used to. Every time I start a project I have a few bad ones before I get the hang of it. I love them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%