Peanut Butter Cup Cake Recipe/combo Needed

Baking By ybeal Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 8:15pm by jdrew

ybeal Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 8

The birthday girl does not like cake but I figured if I can make it taste like a Reese Peanut Butter Cup I can change her mind (going to make it look like one too!)

Any suggestions? Would you use choc cake with peanut butter filling, or choc peanut butter cake, I just don't know which way to go...

TIA! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
babyhugs Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:24am
post #2 of 8

I would do a darn good chocolate cake with peanutbutter buttercream. YUM!!

cakelass Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 8

Oh, I must second babyhugs suggestion as I just , made a darn good chocolate cake and used a peanut butter cream. YUM! It was really tasty.

msulli10 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 8

You can also try breaking up some of the candy and mixing it in the cake batter.

Win Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 8

This is the recipe Barefoot Contessa uses for her chocolate cupcakes. It is the most amazing frosting. It will make a great filling for the Darn Good Chocolate Cake. Instead of the chocolate chips it (the cake) calls for, I'd replace with chopped up pb cups.

Kathleen's Peanut Butter Icing:

* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 cup creamy peanut butter
* 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/3 cup heavy cream

Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.

edited for clarification

dhccster Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:52pm
post #6 of 8

This sounds yummy... I am adding it to my recipe collection. Thanks for sharing.

ncbert Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 8

I used this cupcake filling as a filling to a chocolate cake and was to die for!!! Easy and light and fluffy.
I have also in the past made chocolate cake and chopped up some Reese's pb cups in put right into batter and baked. Makes a yummy surprise when you bite into a piece!

jdrew Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 8

This is what I do. I make my favorite chocolate cake recipe then add below into the batter before baking it.

4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/3 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix all of it together then spoon drop into the cake batter. I then take a knife to swirl to give a marble effect. I bake this cake a 350 because I find it softens the chocolate chips better. When I bake it at 325, the chips are still hard.... This is enough for two 8" round cakes.

This is all my friends and familys favorite.

Quote by @%username% on %date%