Peanut Butter Cup Cake Recipe/combo Needed

Baking By ybeal Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 8:15pm by jdrew

ybeal  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 8

The birthday girl does not like cake but I figured if I can make it taste like a Reese Peanut Butter Cup I can change her mind (going to make it look like one too!)

Any suggestions? Would you use choc cake with peanut butter filling, or choc peanut butter cake, I just don't know which way to go...

TIA! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
 babyhugs  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyhugs Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:24am
post #2 of 8

I would do a darn good chocolate cake with peanutbutter buttercream. YUM!!

cakelass  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 8

Oh, I must second babyhugs suggestion as I just , made a darn good chocolate cake and used a peanut butter cream. YUM! It was really tasty.

msulli10  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 8

You can also try breaking up some of the candy and mixing it in the cake batter.

Win  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 8

This is the recipe Barefoot Contessa uses for her chocolate cupcakes. It is the most amazing frosting. It will make a great filling for the Darn Good Chocolate Cake. Instead of the chocolate chips it (the cake) calls for, I'd replace with chopped up pb cups.

Kathleen's Peanut Butter Icing:

* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 cup creamy peanut butter
* 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/3 cup heavy cream

Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.

edited for clarification

dhccster  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:52pm
post #6 of 8

This sounds yummy... I am adding it to my recipe collection. Thanks for sharing.

ncbert  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 8

I used this cupcake filling as a filling to a chocolate cake and was to die for!!! Easy and light and fluffy.
I have also in the past made chocolate cake and chopped up some Reese's pb cups in put right into batter and baked. Makes a yummy surprise when you bite into a piece!

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/double-dark-chocolate-cupcakes-with-peanut-butter-filling

jdrew  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdrew Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 8

This is what I do. I make my favorite chocolate cake recipe then add below into the batter before baking it.

4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/3 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix all of it together then spoon drop into the cake batter. I then take a knife to swirl to give a marble effect. I bake this cake a 350 because I find it softens the chocolate chips better. When I bake it at 325, the chips are still hard.... This is enough for two 8" round cakes.

This is all my friends and familys favorite.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%