Coffee Creamer In Bc?

Decorating By Boogie27 Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 12:42pm by butterfly831915

Boogie27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boogie27 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 8

I've seen topics about putting Coffee Creamer in cake mixes to add different flavorings, i was wondering if it would work the same in BC? Just omit the vanilla and add the coffee creamer (liquid) in lieu of the milk? Or would i leave the vanilla? I don't see why it wouldn't work unless there is something in the CoffeeMate that would keep the BC from crusting... any ideas?

icon_smile.gif

7 replies
idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 8

It works great! You can leave the vanilla in if you want, if it's in a complimentary flavor.

Boogie27 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 8

great! I've been wanting to try the vanilla Caramel Coffeemate but was afraid i would ruin the BC. Thanks!!

farmersbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmersbell Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 8

I tried the Vanilla Caramel this weekend in my quick buttercream (an impromtu b-day cake for my Dad who came in from Florida unexpectedly) in place of the heavy cream and it turned out great! Everyone thought it was butterscotch, which happens to be Dad's favorite. It went on a chocolate fudge cake (I add a little instant espresso for depth of flavor) and I put a basic chocolate ganache in the center for filling. It was pretty rich but well received.

I mixed the butter and the powd. sugar in mixer for 3 or 4 minutes and then added the vanilla and coffee creamer and beat a couple more minutes. Here is what I used:

1 cup of butter (two sticks)
4 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
2 Tbs. of Vanilla Caramel liquid coffee mate.

Boogie27 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks farmersbell!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 8

Of course... it work great. You can flavor your BC many ways using coffee creamers.

TBallad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TBallad Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:32pm
post #7 of 8

if you do use creamers to flavor cakes/bc, please mention it to your customers. Artificial creamers contain large amounts of soy lecithin, which causes migraines in people with MSG sensitivities. Most people are fine, but for those of us who are sensitive to it, even small amounts can cause problems.

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:42pm
post #8 of 8

I tend to pick up the individual serving size creamers when I'm at the store, they have boxes of several different types so I get a lot of flavors. My big hit was the chocolate mint I found around Christmas time. everyone thought it was super yummy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%