Finally Made My Own Mf And Rbc!!

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 1:47am by crumbcake

luv2bake6 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 3

I've got a lot of occasions coming up and i'd like to make cookies as gifts. Since many of you are so happy with MF, i decided to try Rhonda's recipe (had Michelle's first but don't have glycerine). I also wanted to see what the RBC was all about so i made a recipe of that.

Well, after making and kneading both recipes, my back hurts and i'm a cloud of puff from all the conf. sugar.......... icon_rolleyes.gif
but at least i've got the fondants ready and waiting. I noticed already while kneading that the MF is more pliable and will be easy to work with. The RBC is very very soft, almost fragile. I hope it firms up a little while chilling overnight........

Tomorrow i will bake the cookies. I'm assuming that i can put fondant and RBC shapes atop the hot cookies when they come out of the oven?

2 replies
cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:37am
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

Tomorrow i will bake the cookies. I'm assuming that i can put fondant and RBC shapes atop the hot cookies when they come out of the oven?

Yep! Some people say that works best...the heat from the cookie kind of melts and forms a little glue. Other people wait for the cookies to cool and use piping gel as a glue.

Can't wait to hear how they turn out!

crumbcake Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:47am
post #3 of 3

I make decorated cookies all the time, and I always wait for the cookies to cool and then adhere the fondant with a LITTLE corn syrup which I apply with a small brush. Once the cookies are cool, I find they are not so fragile and break. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%