Guidance... Bakery Meeting/interview...

Decorating By CakeInfatuation

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 1

I'm pretty excited. We have a shopping area here in Southeast Pennsylvania that is very upscale. It's a destination for shopping, restaurants, entertainment, and very big on the weekends and Sunday Afternoon's. They have festivals and all kinds of stuff to draw tons of people to the area and they do!

There is a bakery there and they are looking for a decorator. I e-mailed last night and got 2 e-mails back. Then today the owner called. She really wants to meet with me and we set up a meeting for tomorrow at 11am.

I've NEVER looking into working in a bakery as a decorator. I'm still a newbie at decorating in general. I'm not sure that this is an actual "interview" as it is more of a chance for us to meet and feel each other out. She even told me to bring my 4 & 6 year old with me, she just wanted me to come. I'm pretty excited about it because it would be such great experience and I have sooooo much to learn.

I'm not bringing my kids because I'd never be able to concentrate. But what do I need to know about meeting with a bakery? Anybody have any hints, guidance, questions I should ask, things I should find out, policies I should inquire about, etc. etc.

OH... and in a relatively upscale area... with my kind of skills... Any one have any idea what a good pay scale is? Or at least a general range? I'm in the suburbs of Philadlephia.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%