Needed: Red Velvet Cake Recipe

Decorating By MemphisMom9801 Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 3:20pm by marion123

MemphisMom9801 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 5

Hey All! I need a really good red velvet cake recipe along with a good cream cheese frosting. Is there such a thing as a sturdy red velvet cake? I've never made this flavor of cake before. Thanks for any help you can give! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
marion123 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 5

Hi.. The only red velvet cake receipe is use is from the Cake Maven in New York. I had my first red velvet cake order in December and I used his receipe and it was wonderful.. It is very easy to make and everyone loved it.. You will love it.. Let me go get the website for you..

marion123 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 5

http://www.cakemanraven.com/recipe.htm

Here it is.. It is the best!!! Let me know how you make out!

MemphisMom9801 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you, marion123! Do you think that the texture is sturdy enough to hold up to being the body of an armadillo?

Anyone have a great cream cheese frosting recipe?

marion123 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 5

Hello.. The Cake Raven receipe does have the cream chesse frosting in it.. It is so good.. It is at the bottom of the receipe. Just make sure that your vanilla etract is clear and not brown, that will make your frosting a yellowish color.

I think that it would hold up, as long as you carve & the cake is ice cold. (I usually fill cake the cake and then stick it in the refri for a day then I crumb coat) I just started carving cakes, so maybe one of the other CC members can help.
Can't wait to see pictuires

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%