How Do I Ship This?

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 4:00am by panchanewjersey

panchanewjersey Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for an Abby Cadaby topper that I made for a cake, I made it out of fondant. However she lives in NY and I live in Cali. So has anyone shipped something like this and how, did it make it ok? I really need some ideas or help on how to. Sorry guys but I know you guys always have answers. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks a bunch,

3 replies
tiggy2 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 4

I would wrap it in several layers of bubble wrap then cradle it in peanuts. Fil the box about half full of peanuts, add the figurine and fill to the top with more peanuts. I'd use a box about 4 or 5 times the size of the object.

BlakesCakes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:22am
post #3 of 4

I find toilet paper to be far and away the best "first line" packing material for fragile items (gum paste flowers, cookies, etc.). It won't leave any marks on the fondant/gum paste if the item gets a bit warm and softens a tad--bubble wrap will.

After wrapping loosely, but well, in the TP, I then cradle it in more loosely bunched TP and box it. I then wrap that box in bubble wrap, put it in another larger box and mail it off---next day delivery, only.

panchanewjersey Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:00am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for those ideas, that's what I'm going to do. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%