Smooth Top Range/oven Anyone Have??

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 11:31pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 4

I bought a Kenmore smooth top(Glass) range almost 2 years now and yesterday one of the elements flicked and burnt out.Do you know if the entire glass top has to be replaced or just the burnt out element?? I am over the warranty period as well icon_mad.gif Fricken Figures!!

Anyone have any idea what it cost them to repair? Did they have to replace the entire top or just the burnt out element?

Grrrrrr just what I need.I already replaced the convection fan in November last year icon_mad.gif too much Baking I guess!! icon_wink.gif

Laurel icon_smile.gif

3 replies
SugarLover2 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 4

I have a GE. A year or so ago something dropped on the top and shattered it. The repair guy told me he had an extra top and it would be something like $300 or a little more to put the new top on (including the price of the top). We opted to just get a new range as it was only a couple hundred more bucks and I felt safer knowing it was all in one piece. I don't know if they can replace a burner or not.

txsteph Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 4

I did a search & found that you can just replace the element. There are 3 screws under the front of the oven, if you take them out you should be able to lift glass to replace element. Might be easier to have someone come out to do it if you are not very handy. Call a local appliance store & they should be able to order the element part for you. HTH

Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks everyone..I'll phone and see what it will cost me to have him come out and look!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%