Redbull Car Cake Details Logo

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 8:30pm by steffla

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 5

Hi ladies, I need some serious help, I have to make this cake and because the images are copyrighted I cannot have them made into edible images, I was wondering what medium would you use I was thinking color flow but man nothing beats an edible image. I just don't see how I can make the red bull letter in fondant so that's why I'm thinking colorflow

you may have to paste this link

here's the picture

http://www.buddys-toys.com/redbull_c839821RBBV.php

If this doesn't work google images

redbull car it should be the toyota camry with the number 83 or 84

Thanks a bunch

4 replies
txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 5

What about using FBCT? That way it is more like an edible image. You can print it out, mirror image & use it as template.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah I saw some instruction on this site. Do you have better instructions on how to do that?

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:30pm
post #5 of 5

you can absolutely make that logo out of fondant! If you look in my photos the sonic, (boy and girl characters), mickey mouse, lightning mcqueen etc are all done in fondant. here's an easy way if you dont feel comfortable free handing it.

Print your design the size you want it.

Trace onto parchment paper

Place parchment paper on top of your rolled out red fondant.

using a craft knife/exacto knife, trace right through the paper(you will actually be cutting out the design from the paper and fondant at the same time)

Voila, you have the exact size outline as you need. Then to add the details, you can freehand if there are not many or you can use your parchment paper cut out and do the same thing again!

It really is so easy and works like a charm!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%