2 ?'s Icing & Wasc

Baking By ylil Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 7:29pm by -K8memphis

ylil Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone! I am loving reading this thread...I've been doing it for days and am no where near the end, lol.

I have a couple of questions. I'm going to try out the wasc recipe posted here, but I really do not like almond flavoring...I was going to try a test with and a test with lemon substituted. Has anyone ever made it using madagascar vanilla and without the almond flavoring?

And on icing...I am looking for a good and SHINY chocolate icing. All that I've tried come out dull. Anyone have a really tasty one that is glossy (and can be piped?)?

Thanks!

Lily

3 replies
-K8memphis Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 4

Yes you can do wasc without the almond.

Adding corn syrup to ganache will give you a bright shiney chocolate finish. Not positive about the piping quality of it though. Just depends on how you make it and what temperature you catch it at if it will hold the design.

Let's see as far as how much...agh like a tablespoon or two to a regular batch of ganache. Glossy McGlossikins.

ylil Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 4

THank you so much! I'll definitely try adding a little more corn syrup to the ganache I was planning on using. My first try it was very dull (it was whipped). I'm going to try that WASC without the almond too. Thanks again!!

Lily

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 4

Pretty sure whipped ganache is gonna always be matte finish.

Only unwhipped ganache is shiney, pretty sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%