Need Suggestions/criticism On These

Decorating By ylil Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 11:07pm by Rylan

ylil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ylil Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 10

decorations. They are for the top of cupcakes. Do the faces need something around them? I tried adding more on one (as you can see - bottom right, I think), but I'm not crazy about that. The lighting isn't great in the pic, but I think you can see them well enough. Suggestions/criticism?

Thanks so much!

Lily
LL

9 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:10pm
post #2 of 10

I dont know what I'd change, I think they're adorable as is. I like the ones that are plain just as much as the one with the piping around the face. Maybe a little bow under the chin or at the hair curlicue? or maybe leaves somewhere on the cupcake? I cant tell are they white or light pastels. I really like 'em.

anabelz01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabelz01 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 10

Hi, I think they are well cute... I think I prefere the ones without the border!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:12pm
post #4 of 10

I actually like the little ruffle around the face as well....Really cute!!

Andy383240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andy383240 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 10

These are very cute! My personal pick is the top row center one. If you made the inner row of petals shorter than the outer ones it might frame the face more. Also set the face a little deeper into the center or try making the face more domed like a real daisy center. Just a few ideas, I hope they help.

webbiedeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webbiedeb Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 2:24pm
post #6 of 10

These are so cute. I wouldn't change a thing

ylil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ylil Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 10

Thank you all so much! They started out to be flat discs on top of a colored fondant disc, then I changed my mind and decided to try flowers...I never truly loved the flat face and ?'d my family about them a lot. I agree wholeheartedly with making them more rounded like a real flower center (I'm working on the new ones now). They're a bit smaller too, and I think that fits the flower size better. The flowers are pastel colors, lt. pink & white and lt. blue and white (for a baby shower). Smaller petals on top...THAT's IT! I knew something was "off", but I wasn't getting it, so I'm going to work on that as well. I'm not sure about the little piping around the face, I'll see what the new ones look like.

THANKS SO MUCH, ladies. I knew I'd looked at them far too long to really be objective, thanks for your input!

Lily

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 9:54pm
post #8 of 10

OMg, those are adorable. Leave them alone. They're adorable!

cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:01pm
post #9 of 10

I hope you post pics of the new rounded faces. For what it's worth I prefer the ones without the piping around the face icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:07pm
post #10 of 10

Those are so cute, really cute! I prefer the plain ones. The one with the white thing around reminds me of a beard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%