Wedding Cookies

Baking By letem_eat_cakes Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 7:29pm by cylstrial

letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 10:52am
post #1 of 9

how far in advance can i decorate cookie for wedding favors. i know a sugar cookie recipe that i can make up to a month in advance and freeze the dough. but how long will the cookies last once they are decorated?

8 replies
lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:00am
post #2 of 9

Not a cookie expert, but I think that depends on the kind of cookies you are making, and the icing.
I made peanut butter cookies (found here on CC) with RI over a month ago, and have just eaten the last. Holds fine if you store them in an airtight container.
Good luck.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:08am
post #3 of 9

You can freeze a decorated with royal icing sugar cookie-well wrapped for up to 3months. Thaw in container on counter. I personally wouldnt keep them that long esp for a paying customer, but that is the general guideline for frozen baked goods. I recently took some cookies out of the freezer from Easter and my kids ate them and they were good.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:39am
post #4 of 9

I use a basic cookie recipe (essentially the NFSC recipe) and a modified royal icing (Antonia74's). Without freezing, I try not to go more than 5-7 days from baking to consumption.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:45am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

I use a basic cookie recipe (essentially the NFSC recipe) and a modified royal icing (Antonia74's). Without freezing, I try not to go more than 5-7 days from baking to consumption.

This is what I go with, too.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:14pm
post #6 of 9

yup...me too....about 1 week from decorating and packaging.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 9

I am making NFSC covered with MMF for a June 18 wedding. I am baking today and decorating the rest of the week. Then into the freezer they go. I have frozen this type of cookie many times, up to three weeks, and they are as good when they came out of the freezer as when they went in icon_smile.gif

letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:57am
post #8 of 9

thanks you all so much. these will be for my wedding and i will probable make tem around the middle of august and freeze them.
again thanks so much. i did not want to hav eto worry about cookies that final week before on top of everything else.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:29pm
post #9 of 9

Once you unfreeze them, you have about 5 days. And then then they need to be eaten!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%