How Long Does Gumpaste Last?

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 12:21pm by Elise87

Elise87 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:10am
post #1 of 6

if i have a gumpaste piece i did (that has some icing decorations on it too) and i just left it out, how long will it last if it is not going to be used or eaten?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Cake4ever Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:56am
post #2 of 6

If it is kept reasonably cool at room temp. and avoiding any humidity and sunlight, I'd say it could last many years. My neighbor has her gumpaste flowers from her wedding and that was at least 12 years ago. thumbs_up.gif She keeps hers in her glass curio cabinet.

Elise87 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 9:28am
post #3 of 6

great! thank-u icon_biggrin.gif

Elise87 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:32am
post #4 of 6

Just wanted to add another question to this, what about a MMF piece if it doesn't need to be eaten? Same sort of time or is it different because of the marshmallows?

Texas_Rose Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 11:43am
post #5 of 6

I've kept MMF pieces for months...I've actually got a MMF gun that I made in April and it looks as good as it did when I made it.

Elise87 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 6

Texas: Yeh I actually have some MMF flowers i made in Feb and like your piece they are looking perfectly fine so far

I just wanted to make another one of my pieces i usually make out of gumpaste but i have left over MMF i thought i might use up instead but wasn't going to use it if i can't get a fairly good life span out of it lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%