How Do I Make Fondant Ducks?

Decorating By shadow79 Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 1:01pm by shadow79

shadow79 Posted 31 May 2009 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 5

I am wanting to do the ducks in a wooden tub cake for a baby shower, but cannot find out how to make the ducks. I want to make fondant ducks. Is there a tutorial with pictures anywhere that I could look up?

4 replies
TexasSugar Posted 31 May 2009 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 5

Here is a little fondant blue bird. I bet if you made him yellow and made his beak a little different you could get him to look like a duck.

You could also look up clay directions as well, they often translate into fondant. icon_smile.gif

weirkd Posted 31 May 2009 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 5

I was told by Sharon Z. that she uses chocolate molds to do hers. They come out perfect every time!
But I dont have a mold so what I do is add some tylose to some yellow fondant and shape almost like a fat banana (fat in the middle). Then I take and flatten out one side to make the tail at the tip of it. You can make it come to a point.
Then roll a ball about the size of a golf ball. Pinch in the center and pull it out a little to form a beak. You can make little holes for the nose and take some tools on the sides to make wings. Then connect the head to the body with a toothpick and gum glue. You can use either premade edible eyes or paint them on when you paint the beak orange.
But I would rather use the chocolate mold!

chedaw Posted 31 May 2009 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 5

shadow79 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:01pm
post #5 of 5

thank you all for the help, I will try it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%