Has Anyone Ever Heard Of... Mennonite Recipe?

Baking By caseyhayes Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 4:22am by blondeez

caseyhayes Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 6

There used to be a Mennonite bakery about 45 miles away from me that sold a cake with Italian cream cheese icing. The cake itself was filled with fruit and nuts but was not a fruit cake. The bakery burned down several years ago and the owners decided to retire instead of rebuilding. My Pastor always requested this cake. Now that I'm doing the cakes for my church I really want to have this recipe in time for his birthday icon_smile.gif If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much.

5 replies
maryjsgirl Posted 31 May 2009 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 6
caseyhayes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:01am
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much for responding! I don't know if that's it or not, I will print it out and ask someone who actually ate the cakeicon_smile.gif if it looks right or not. Wow, that's really involved!!!!!

panchanewjersey Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:11am
post #4 of 6

That is so involved, but it also sounds so good. Might just try it. I hear that Menonites make real good cakes. I know a few people here in my area who buy cakes from them and won't go anywhere else.

caseyhayes Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:17am
post #5 of 6

That's how it was here. People drove an hour or more to the OL' Dutch Bakery to get their cakes.

blondeez Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:22am
post #6 of 6

I have never heard of this kind of cake before. Sounds very interesting. Will have to try it. Thanks for the recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%