Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

Decorating By bebea Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 8:46pm by crystalina1977

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 3

I am making my first wedding cake in 13 days (w/ my mom's help, lol). The bride requested a chocolate peanut butter cake - she said she just dumps a scoop of peanut butter in the cake batter and mixes it in. Well, she is not the most detail orientated cook, so I was wondering if anyone has ever done this and does it hold up to layering? Would you replace the oil in the cake w/ this to keep it from being too moist for stacking?

The cake is going to be 3 tiers - cross stacked squares, iced in ivory w/ the icing not smooth (think of the wavy look you see on the pics on the cake mix box) w/ a shell border, and peanut butter/choc chips mixed in the icing for the filling. Fresh flowers for the decorations.

Thanks so much!

2 replies
pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 3

Actually, I have done that very thing. I have mixed peanut butter into chocolate batter and baked. The result was very good! I made the chocolate batter as directed and didn't alter the recipe knowing I was adding peanut butter. Though I made cupcakes, not a tiered cake, the consistency didn't seem too heavy or risky for a layered cake.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 3

there's a PB cake in the "gourmet cake flavors" thread, which calls for
2 boxes white cake mix
1 c creamy PB
1 c butter, softened
1 1/2 c coffee creamer
1/2 c water
8 egg whites

bet you could change it to chocolate cake mixes, whole eggs and add a box of chocolate pudding for a chocolate version!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%