Uneaten Cake!!!!

Decorating By krissycupcakes Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 3:02am by Rylan

krissycupcakes Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 5

So i went to a wedding yesterday where i was asked to make the grooms cake. I was honored so i made a huge bass guitar in its case.17" by 49" it was yummy i sampled the scraps!! the bride and groom along with there guests were floored. this cake was supposed to served but there was a misunderstanding and they didnt serve it!!! so now theres a huge cake and it needs to be eaten i could think of cutting this cake but it killed me that its just collecting dust has this happened to anyone else that there cake didnt get eaten???

4 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 5

This is when you break out the to-go boxes and everyone gets a piece or two to take home!

I had something kinda similar happen where someone at the party didn't even realize the cake was a cake. It was a curious george two tier for my nephew's second birthday (pics are in my photos). We had the cake set up at the end of the buffet line and when great-auntie came by to fill her plate, she said she looked at it but thought it was some kind of sculpture! When we were eating, someone asked her, "And what do you think of the beautiful cake?" She says "What cake? I didn't see a cake. . ." lol!

I guess that's what happens when people are raised on sheet cakes!

plbennett_8 Posted 31 May 2009 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 5

Bring pieces of it to a children's home or a homeless shelter... It should not go to waste. And...congrats on a great cake! icon_smile.gif

I do know what you are talking about...I have brought cakes to occasions and had to cut them myself because no one else would...lol icon_wink.gif "It's too pretty to cut" icon_confused.gif IT'S CAKE! icon_razz.gif I have even seen it mentioned on Ace of Cakes...lol

krissycupcakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:54am
post #4 of 5

thats a great idea plbennet thanks

Rylan Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 3:02am
post #5 of 5

Just make sure you ask the bride and groom before you give it to the homeless.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%