Trying To Understand The Difference

Decorating By kakeladi Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 7:03pm by JanH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 9

Some of you might find this ? petty but I truly would like to understand if there is a difference.
I tried to post of pic of my daughter, son-in-law and their wedding cake. Their faces are shown from the side & obscured by their hands. It was deleted because 'faces are not allowed to be posted'.
Yet, there are numerous cakes in the graduation gallery that have pix of the grad on them that are not blurred.
Why are they allowed?

8 replies
cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 9

Don't know for sure, but I'd bet it has something to do with "releases" and legalities. CC doesn't want to be sued for unauthorized use of someone's image. Just a guess.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 9

I actually saw a picture of a guy behind a cake last night. The face was clearly there. I think they either missed it or people are just unfair. I honestly got deleted once and no one even warned me. I still support Cake Central though.

Btw kakeladi, thanks for your contrubution here on CC.

You should totally be a moderator.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 9

CakeBuddy, I went through 23 pages of the 114 pages of grad cakes. Those do have pictures of people but they are placed on the cake--the pictures are the cake. The pictures are the decor on the cake.

I'm guessing that your family's picture even though not a full face photo was a for real picture of them (rather than a cake with an edible picture of them placed on the cake.)

So I'm sorry that you are bummed by this--but I just wanted you to know I checked through 20% of the pictures and I did not see any photographs of people--other than the ones that were cakes themselves.

And yes you are a golden jewel of cake wisdom.

(((hug)))

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 9

K8 you are right.......the cakes I make reference to do have frosting sheet pix of people on them rather than pix of real people with a cake. I just do not see how that makes a difference....it's a real fine line.....one still sees the face. If there is some legal reason we cannot post faces, then to me all faces must be blurred.....that's all I'm trying to point out.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 9

I saw a pic up this morning with someone's face in it, the person was sitting behind the cake! Not an edible image on the cake....

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 9

I saw a cake a few days ago (Luau theme I believe) and there were 4 women behind that cake. Actually having their picture made with the cake.
I never understood that rule but I'm sure there is some legal reason. And I'm also sure that as with anything there are some that are missed and make it to the galleries.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

K8 you are right.......the cakes I make reference to do have frosting sheet pix of people on them rather than pix of real people with a cake. I just do not see how that makes a difference....it's a real fine line.....one still sees the face. If there is some legal reason we cannot post faces, then to me all faces must be blurred.....that's all I'm trying to point out.

Gotcha, CakeBuddy. I just didn't want you to feel bad. I mean I never knew the policy existed. I don't have pictures here because I'm lazy. But ironically I was gonna try & post a picture of moi --but no worries--lazy buttedness (mine that is) overcomes the best of intentions.

icon_biggrin.gif

Have a good one & Take Care,
L&P

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:03pm
post #9 of 9

Personal photos (photos with faces) allowed in the Lounge:
(Heath explains....)

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-171061-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%