Miniature Replica

Decorating By Yankie Updated 31 May 2009 , 9:06pm by Texas_Rose

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever done a miniature replica of a cake before doing the actual party/wedding cake just to make sure it looks nice. Because sometimes you have something in mind, but then once is done it turned out to be a horrible Idea?

4 replies
shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 5

I've heard of lots of people making "practice cakes" before the "real" one. I know I would because I am not that experienced yet. Maybe it wouldn't have to be the full # of layers, just a couple to get the general idea.Whatever you decide, good luck! HTH

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 5

When I was first starting in the wedding cake business, I did that a couple of times, just helped me be more confident in the design of it.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 5

That's why I'm up to my eyeballs in dummies! (cake dummies, that is icon_smile.gif ) I have multiples in various shapes and sizes.

Before my first wedding cake, I decorated 3 tiers, just so I could see how I needed to space the piped decorations on each size tier!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 5

I'm going to make a 6" practice tier before the wedding cake I'm making for a friend in July, just to be sure that I can do the design we've chosen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%