Graduation Cap Need Help.

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 31 May 2009 , 9:34pm by patticakesnc

patticakesnc Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 5

What do you use to mold your cap part of the grad cap? I am considering using a bowl or something but before ruining some fondant I wanted to see what others use....attach pics if you can I would love to get more ideas!

4 replies
Rylan Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 5

The bowl would be fine. Check out Sharon's blog. She made one.

cakedesigner59 Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 5

I am making one right now; a small one for on top of a 12x16 sheet. I used the mini wonder mold pan for the bottom part. I will just cut out a square of MMF (stiffened) for the top part. I'll make a tassel with the clay gun.

renee2007 Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 5

I use half the sports ball pan and cover it with fondant. I used gumpaste for the top. hth icon_smile.gif

patticakesnc Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys.....I have several to make for next week and figured I would try to get them out of the way so I can concentrate on all the actual cake work next week!

Quote by @%username% on %date%