Sugar Cookie Between Layers

Baking By yamber82 Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 9:40pm by dadawley

yamber82 Posted 31 May 2009 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 5

i was wondering what type of cake to use along with the sugar cookie for the filling? i'm trying it out this week on a custoner and i want it to be good, but don't know what flavor to go along with it. i was thinking about maybe doing an irish cream with some bailey's in the bc. will that go with a sugar cookie?

i also wanted to try it out on my hubby's bday cake next week. he is really picky though. he only likes white or choc cake, nothing different and he likes choc chip cookies.

4 replies
clovely Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:19am
post #2 of 5

I've only done this once but it's really neat! Mine was for a bunch of kids so I just did yellow and chocolate and put M&Ms in the sugar cookie (the cake was decorated with M&Ms) - nothing fancy or sophisticated. But I think your irish cream idea sounds good with a basic sugar cookie. It's just a neat surprise in the middle. Something different and fun.

yamber82 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:17am
post #3 of 5

did the cookie get soft? i wonder what it tastes like? i don't have time for a practice run icon_sad.gif

yamber82 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 5

what happened to the forum for this topic?!!!!

dadawley Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 5

Hi, a cc member, TexasSugar posted this link recently, maybe this will help. Denise

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-632391.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%