Stack Offset Square Cakes ???

Decorating By dahir Updated 31 May 2009 , 4:53pm by dahir

dahir Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 3

How do you stack square cakes in an offset design? You know the ones that actually appear to HANG off the edges of the lower layer.

Also 2nd question: If you are using cake boards to stack the tiers do you wrap them in saran wrap to keep the board from getting soggy from the cake? I have been wrapping them but I was wondering if there is a new way to do this. I have heard of the SPS but haven't tried that yet..
Thanks for the help,
Tracy

2 replies
indydebi Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 3

as long as the upper tier is sitting on a sturdy cake board, you can just turn it so the corners hang off of the bottom cake.

I don't wrap my cardboards unless they are going to be visible (like as described above). Since I cut most of my wedding cakes, I'm there to see firsthand what the boards look like. Yes, they are 'moist', but no where NEAR soggy. Not even close. They hold up just fine.

dahir Posted 31 May 2009 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 3

Do you wrap any of the seperator boards in saran wrap? I knnoe the base boards are covered in foil but I'm still stuck in the Wilton warp zone from years ago when they taught you to wrap the seperator boards. Thanks for your help. I just haven't heard much about this lately. Do you double the boards in between layers or just use one real thick board?

Tracy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%